how can i cancel payment protection?

Options
i have a cc with payment protection, but i dont need it, and its a lot of money on top of my monthly payment,

wil it go against me if i cancel?

what excuses or professional lingo can i use to cancel it , as i have heard that they really try and get you to keep it

thanks in advance for any help;)

Comments

• Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bonjoey

You don't say which credit card company is involved, but with credit cards generally, a phonecall to Customer services is normally all that's required to cancel payment protection insurance.

If I were you, I would simply say you don't need insurance. The more involved your explanation, the longer you'll be kept talking, because it's a nice little earner for the card provider.

The insurance is a separate entity from your credit agreement with the lender and cancelling this expensive product won't count against you.

M.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's your perogative to say you don't want it. Just phone them and ask to have it cancelled and don't debate it with them just say you don't want it.

John
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    Options
    As the others have suggested just phone up your card company and tell them you don't want it anymore - its not like an annual insurance policy so they shouldn't give you any issues
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure