🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

RoseRed and the case of the Tapdancing Bankrobbers

Options
2»

Comments

• RoseRed
    RoseRed Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for saying Hi!

I've cut my earlier posts down a bit, they were very helpful as I got everything from my head down onto the page but I wanted to make them more readable. I have greater clarity over what I need to do to get this under control. I will get on top of this and get our finances under control along with making our home nice.

I've reorganised by things to do list. I've now got hefty list of things to get done this week but it is achievable and I will feel much better when the week is over and done with:

Plan of attack:
    Actually calculate what I owe, every penny.
    Contact banks and change my DD date to coincide with new pay day.
    Do a full realistic budget for monthly costs.
    Get all DD's for new property set up.
    Request the electric meter switched from key back to meter and hunt around for deals.
    Menu Plan and actually budget it.

Sell:
    Remaining books/DVD’s
    Fridge
    Mountain Bike
    Remaining Clothes
    MP3 & Microphone

Other:
    Set up with daily clicks/scratch cards/surveys etc.
    Start Fly Ladying house to bring under control and get cleaning schedule in order.
    Dig out a folder and start setting up a household manual.
    Complete at least 40 hours work.
    Debt at Highest: £27,000 :eek:
    Debt at LBM: £13,927 :o
    Debt now: £1656.61 :cool:
  • RoseRed
    Options
    Monday again, thank goodness it is a bank holiday, don't think I could have dragged myself out of bed early to drop hubby at work.

I calculated most of the debt yesterday and it us coming in under 12K, however I have decided to add OH's student loan in. He does not have a huge amount left and it will be on average £100 more in his pay packet. I also noted that my big loan has only 12 payments left. I want to get all my debt gone in that time or sooner! It would be hard work but wonderful to get it clear.

Listed my bits on Ebay and Gumtree yesterday and have sold a book already. I also have a watcher on my most expensive item so fingers crossed that sells soon.

Today:
    We are having a good houseclean this morning. I'm going to see if I can dig out more bits for selling.
    This afternoon I am going to crack on with organising paperwork and getting all outstanding letters etc done.
    Need to connect my laptop to the printer as the main PC is still playing up.
    Get myself set up with daily clicks/survey sites etc while working.
    Get chicken pieces out of the freezer for tea and make ratatouille using store cupboard veg. Make enough for tomorrows lunch as well.

It is going to be another great money saving day.
  • RumPunch_2
    Options
    Morning RoseRed

I've enjoyed reading your diary, you've been very busy. How funny that many of the jobs you were doing were jobs that I was doing last week too.

I'm new here too. I also started my diary because I think writing it down will help me. I've been reading for a few days and posted on other diaries but decided to take responsibility and start my own too.

All my paperwork is dealt with, bill payments checked, reduced and sorted, bank account switched, tidying done, laundry done, shopping, batch cooking and freezing done and so on and so on.

We bought our house 2 and a half years ago, we used bean bags for a while to sit on and we are still using the 2 canvas wardrobes we got. One day we will have wooden ones!

Thanks for the cookie and good luck with the money saving.
    Good luck!
  • RoseRed
    Options
    Thanks for popping by RumPunch, I'll make a note to look for your diary. My lovely OH has a proposition for me. If I can get all debt paid off and 1K saved over the year then he will let me use my next grant instalment to buy a Piaggio Scooter :j. It would be pretty economical as I could use it for college and zipping around, he would then have my car and use that for work.

I've always wanted a scooter and it would considering the price of buses into Uni it would be very economical, I'd get 3 years use out of it or more if we go back to London at the end of my course. I'm very excited and have a second goal to keep me motivated. I might print out a picture of the scooter I want and keep it to hand when I want to spend on tat.:T
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    RoseRed wrote: »
    Thanks for popping by RumPunch, I'll make a note to look for your diary. My lovely OH has a proposition for me. If I can get all debt paid off and 1K saved over the year then he will let me use my next grant instalment to buy a Piaggio Scooter :j. It would be pretty economical as I could use it for college and zipping around, he would then have my car and use that for work.

I've always wanted a scooter and it would considering the price of buses into Uni it would be very economical, I'd get 3 years use out of it or more if we go back to London at the end of my course. I'm very excited and have a second goal to keep me motivated. I might print out a picture of the scooter I want and keep it to hand when I want to spend on tat.:T

oooh thats a good idea! think i will print out a pic of the next hol i want to go on and put that in my purse! :D
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • RumPunch_2
    Options
    Blow the pictures up, put them in a clip frame and hang them in the lounge. If that's expensive, hang them in front of the tv and look at the pictures instead! In the purse is an excellent idea too, you'll see it every time you go to spend money!

How much for a Piaggio Scooter?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family