paying back tax credits

Options
after fighting and fighting i'm totally loosing the battle with them.

I owe them in the reigeon of £7k.

Is anyone going through the process of paying it back. This is from previous one's so they can't take it back from my awards.

if so how long and much do they ask for. considering my incomings do not allow for any more spenditure.
Converted comper to MSE. Thank you for all your answers!

Comments

• shariatlanta
    Options
    I am in the process of paying back tax credit, owed them around 2k. When I got the first letter for a thousand I arranged to pay it back over a year, £83.00 per month, then they sent me a letter for another £700 to be paid over a year at 63.00 per month. I rang and said that I couldn't afford this as well, what I had to do is give them a complete breakdown of my incomings and outgoings and they agreed to let me pay back £20.00 per month off the £700, be prepared for a long phone call but ask first if you can send in your income details, it usually needs to be paid by direct debit.
    Hope this helps.
    Paid off so far Natwest overdraft £1900 Kays catalogue £200 Personal Loan £2500 Tax Credit £1300 J D Williams
    Still to go Barclaycard £880 Sainsburys CC £38.80 Littlewoods CC £208 Vanquis CC £390 Littlewoods Cat £821.38 Next £75.26
  • furby-2003
    Options
    oh thanks thats great.
    Converted comper to MSE. Thank you for all your answers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure