paying college fees

Options
hi there i have a few credit cards (none have a credit limit of over £1500) and a loan with cahoot(£8000 at 5.8% (all for college ) i now need to pay my next fees of £4000 but if i take out another loan to increase the amount the interest will go up. my college charge a 2.5% fee on any credit card payments and i wondered if anyone knew of a way i can get a new card and pay money into my bank account without incurring any charges....?

any advise would be gratefully received
x
'' it'll take time to restore chaos...'' G W Bush

Comments

• anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the concept you are looking for is shown at

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1085355871,12390,

but I think there are fees for doing so anyway, possibly 2%.

You'll also need a high credit limit in order to pay for it.

I would be more worried about what interest you will be paying, as if you don't have £4000 to pay it off you're going to be racking up a lot of interest. You might be better off with another loan, or increasing the loan, even if it is more interest.

You also sound like you're going seriously into debt. Is this college really worth it? It's not a university course where you could get a student loan or something similar is it?
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • BASIL
    BASIL Posts: 336 Forumite
    Options
    thanks anniecave..no gone into it with eyes wide open- its a private college so many advantages - however as such we are not entitled to funding - student loan etc....i work as well as study but thanks for the concern! so plan to double income in next few years after graduating.... thanks for the link - i think your probably right about doing the loan - just getting another one will probably be best.
    x
    '' it'll take time to restore chaos...'' G W Bush
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family