homebase quotes advise.

Options
Has anyone ever had a quote from homebase for a bathroom fit?

got to beat them on a quote!!

Comments

• keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone ever had a quote from homebase for a bathroom fit?

got to beat them on a quote!!
    You have got to be joking! Work it out for yourself!

On second thoughts whats my cut or alternatively what shall I charge you for consultancy services to your business?

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • iamcornholio
    iamcornholio Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Options
    A "bathroom fit"?

Is this for the Taj Mahal or something more bijou like Snow White's Cottage?
  • sindygirl58
    Options
    forget I asked !!
  • keystone
    Options
    Aw c'mon - lighten up. If you don't know how to quote this job then you shouldn't even be considering it TBH. So the inference is that you've been told by a prospective client "beat their price to stand a chance of getting the job" but they wont tell you what you are competing against. Quote your price and see what happens or walk away from it - me water's telling me that there'll be nothing but trouble downstream.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • sindygirl58
    Options
    i only asked has anyone had a homebase quote, i didnt ask nor did I say I needed help to price for ourselves!!
    We get almost every job we quote for anyway. Its just quite competitive right now,
    no trouble ahead, he is reg customer, a decent guy. Its not everyday one replcaes a bathrooom so cant blame him for shopping around, expect he will get a shock from them anaway.
  • keystone
    Options
    Well, sorry if you feel affronted but thats not how your post read at all particularly considering that you very recently asked how you should price a fencing job!

Cheers
  • sindygirl58
    Options
    No offence taken or intended, but you came ona bit cheeky in the first reply.

Anyway, yes i did ask specifically for help in pricing the fencing job, as its not our reg source of income, and cant afford to turn down any work these days.

I would like to think that you and some of the other trademen here are willing assist others in trying to make a living, as I am so far away as to not be in competion to you.
    I would add a nice smilie at this stage but I dont know how ?!
    all the best...
  • iamcornholio
    iamcornholio Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Options
    and cant afford to turn down any work these days.

But equally, you can't afford to work at a loss ...... so you price jobs which you want or need to win at the bare minimum after working out all of your costs.

Anyone could have posted a random figure subsequent to your first post, and surely you would not then use this to base one of your own quotes on? :eek:
  • sindygirl58
    Options
    Fair point!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills