PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Unperfumed soap?

Options
I've been getting dead organised recently and going throug my "christmas" book which mentions making home made soap from unperfumed soap (grated - mixed with tiny amount of water, essential oil and possibly lavender flowers) but uhmmm where on earth do you find unperfumed soap without paying a minor fortune for postage?

Any ideas?

Oh and if I sound slurry over the next few posts then it's cos I've been testing my Rumtopf *hick* :rotfl:
DFW Nerd #025
DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey

Comments

• Biddyrolo
    Options
    Have you thought of just making your own soap from scratch? It's easy and needn't be expensive.
  • djtonyb
    Options
    Simple soap is unperfumed and availabe in most stores
    Fat and proud lol
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about glycerine soap from superdrug, about 39p for a large bar?
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Found teco value soap has no perfume so I might have a crack at using this... 39p for 3 bars so no huge loss if it goes wrong. Will have a play with it and see what happens :)

Have thought of making it from scratch yes, but I know myself... I'll buy it and never do anything with it... and have wasted all that money! I still have some beeswax hidden again and some ready formed beeswax sheets for candle making. Might actually make some for x-mas this year if I get round to digging it out of the loft :D would be great in my little gift baskets!
    DFW Nerd #025

• Tracey04
    Options
    how do you make it into pressies??
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well the idea that I was going to follow was making it into soap sticks (they suggest empty cigar tubes but as I don't smoke cigars I will improvise lol Not certain what with yet but something will occur to me I'm sure :)
    I'l post the exact measurements they suggest later bt basically they advise lanvender essential oil, colouring if you wish, lavender flowers (dried). If you want a co!!!! soap then just add the flowers as is or for a smoother texture you can blitz the lavender in a food chopper till nearly pulverised.
    For a christmas feel you can use orange and cinnamon oils.

When you give them as gifts (if you use the cigar method lol) then you can tie the sticks together with ribbon and decorate with a sprig of lavender or of you use the christmas version then a stick of cinnamon and a dried slice of orange... looked quite pretty :)
    DFW Nerd #025

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport