We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Car cover wanted.

I haven't got a garage, so require an outdoor cover for my car.

Can anyone recommend a cheap but decent cover for a Mazda MX5?

Thanks.

Comments

  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,700
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I haven't got a garage, so require an outdoor cover for my car.

    Can anyone recommend a cheap but decent cover for a Mazda MX5?

    Thanks.


    You could always looked locally if any one has a unused garage that they are renting out or not using, and ask them if you could maybe use it??

    You should be able to find a cheap decent cover on eBay, failing which most car shops sell them, they are not that much to be fair.
  • I'm not looking to use someone's garage, just looking for something to cover my car.
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,700
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm not looking to use someone's garage, just looking for something to cover my car.

    When I was looking for a car cover, I found them in Wilkinsons, but that is just a multi fit cover, which is plastic and not a 'fitted one' as it were to just one make/model of car.

    I think your best bet would be to try eBay, as you may even get one that wasn't used or a second hand one, fairly cheap :)
  • Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    I'm not looking to use someone's garage, just looking for something to cover my car.

    There is a company that makes various grades of custom fit car covers ranging up to about £150 for an all weather one. They have soft felt undersides, so they don't scratch the paint, and wire loops so they can be tied underneath and locked.

    http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store/home.php
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.