PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bread Machine, loaf recipe? Morphy Richards Fast Bake.

Options
I have just acquired via freecycle a bread maker. It is a morphy richards fast bake one.
The problem i have is that it came with no instructions but in true moneysaving terms it was free!
So is there such a thing as a general bread making recipe? It did come with a measuring jug and spoon so all is not lost?
If someone even has the same machine that would be even better.

I'd like to add my own seeds and nuts would i need a different recipe for that?

Thanks for your help.
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a Morphy Richards Twin loaf rapide, if no one else has posted a recipe by the time I get back from the school run then I'll dig out the instruction manual and post the recipe I have for a general white loaf.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have the morphy richards fast bake, this is the recipe for basic white bread -
    1 1/2 lb loaf =

Water - 1 1/8 cup
    skimmed milk powder - 2 1/2 tbsp
    sunflower oil - 2 1/2 tbsp
    sugar - 2 1/4 tbsp
    salt - 1 1/4 tspn
    strong white bread flour - 3 cups
    fast action yeast - 1 1/4 tspn
    use setting 1 basic

I will post a few more recipes a bit later on for you (must get my children up now!!!) but thats the first basic loaf to get you started!!!!
    HTH
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    you can download an instruction booklet on the morphy richards website, just key in the model number. have fun, I have one and its great.
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • mercurystar999
    Options
    Thats great thanks very much for all your help. I couldn't find a download on the morphy richards website though. Perhaps a link to it would be great.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'd recommend you cut back the sugar to 1 tbsp or less - the bread is very sweet otherwise!
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • mercurystar999
    Options
    Have since got the booklet online. Thanks all for your help. It does say in the book though to use 2.5 tbsp of sugar for a 1.5lb loaf using the fast bake recipe will this be to much? Is the fast bake option as good as the other ones? It has 12 settings in all!
  • NicolaC
    NicolaC Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    I think that's the breadmaker that I have.
    The fast bake option makes a more dense loaf which we prefer sometimes anyway. The slower options give it more time to rise and make a lighter/fluffier loaf.

Generally you need to add more yeast than usual on the fastbake setting to ensure it rises enough.
    Most things in life are beyond our control,
    for everything else there is a spreadsheet
    ;)
    :D son#1 born 04/01/09 :D
    :D son#2 born 20/08/11 :D
  • pancakequeen
    Options
    Hi Mercurystar999

I have this breadmaker but I don't use the fastbake setting. The Recipe I use I found on the breadmaking thread and it makes a large loaf on the first setting takes 3 hours.

1 and half cups lukewarm water
    4 tbsps oil
    4 cups strong bread flour
    4 tsps milk powder
    2 tsps sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 sachet fastbake yeast.

HTH
    Anne
  • mercurystar999
    Options
    Off to tescos now to get the ingredients, i'll try the fast bake one. I'll let you know how i get on!!

Thanks again for all your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure