Do you sell Avon?

Options
Hello i need some hints and tips for selling avaon as it gets closer to christmas. I enclose a newslater with my books on all the offers, and a few beauty tips. Any got any other ideas please? Many thanks

Comments

• rls1973
    Options
    do you have somewhere that you could just leave one book at a time, for example, kids playgroup, a workplace staff-room etc? to save the legwork.
  • tazzababe
    Options
    I used to do it a couple of years ago- like you I gave hints and tips about make-up etc. Money is defo tight around xmas, so I had to try really hard, which always paid off. During the year I would look at the clearance section and buy anything that was really cheap, if ther was an offer (buy 2 for £7) but someone had only order 1 which was costing £5, I would add the extra so i could get the other product. If there are any offers that are exceptional grab them. Then all the stuff that I had managed to get, I put in a basket. Made it look pretty with tissue and ribbon, added a small teddy and box of chocs. Took pictures and every week leading up to xmas put the pic in the brochure- promoting a raffle- with the basket as first prize. You can then say retail value of £X (sounds like loads of money, in reality its cost very little). Second and third prize usually a bottle of something and box of chocs.

You could always try the recommend a friend (this worked really well) Find out where they work, slip into conversation. Then on their next order form write in huge letters recommend a friend. Give the friend a percentage off the total sale, give the referee a bottle for every friend (cheap stuff from asda) but the friend has to have a minimum value spend like £15. Or instead of bottle of plonk offer money off.
    Hope this helps, it worked for me. Although I had to stop because I was just finishing college/going to uni
  • BrokeBrokeBroke
    Options
    I have heard that some people hold parties - like candle parties etc. Lots of people in one place, you could do makeovers or something to encourage sales?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure