Ideas For 5th Wedding Anniversary

Options
I'm looking for ideas for a 5th Wedding Anniversary present for my hubby.

We're having a baby on the 4th October so it's going to be a date in the house and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions ?

It's got to be cheap and cheerful as we've a big overdraft and aiming to get that down !

Thanks in advance.

Cruiksl
So little money - so much time :mad:

Comments

• alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    Its wood for 5th so how about

a lovers wood pack

http://www.carbonneutral.com/shop/details.asp?productid=951&productname=Lover%E2%80%99s%20Wood%20Pack

A wooden photo frame with a pic of you both in it!

Rolling Stones Tickets - Tickets to see Ronnie Wood. Ha ha!! Geddit.

Wooden gift box

http://www.skye-soap.co.uk/acatalog/luxury_gift_boxes.html

Lots of wooden stuff here

http://www.woodnsplash.co.uk

Love Alison

xxx
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • candlequeen
    Options
    Have you thought about candles. There are lovely teakwood & cardomon tealights that would appeal to your hubby....fragrance is a hint of vanilla & some spices. Colour is darkbrown.
    Regards
    Candlequeen
  • looneyleo
    Options
    Don't mean to sound awful...and I'm not raining on your parade...but do you have to buy a gift??? my hubby and I agreed not to buy each other gifts for anniversaries...just to spend time with each other doing something we really enjoyed. Usually out for a meal. That way you aren't paying for cards, gifts and the evening out. With baby due so close...it might be nice to have an early evening meal together before all the joy starts and it's harder to get out. Just a suggestion... Sorry...little tentative giving feedback having read some of the responses on MSE chat forums recently...
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    I think thats a fair comment. I sometimes just buy my hubby train tickets so we can have a nice day out or buy a nice dinner from marks and spencer so we can have a cosy night in.
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    We've just celebrated our 5th, and I bought Oxfam fruit trees for the Third World for DH.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • Cruiksl
    Cruiksl Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers got your responses.

To be honest - I was looking for something that was personal and preferably not to spend money !

May have a look for some cheap candles from Tesco's (use some of my precious vouchers) and have a nice romantic meal in the house.
    So little money - so much time :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport