We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wrong Mileage recorded on MOT-Problem?
Hi
I will be shortly selling a car which purchased 8 years ago when it was one year old. I have just been looking at old MOT certificates and have noticed that last year's has the wrong mileage recorded. The fail cert shows 73816 and the 09 MOT shows 63635, the one the year before this 08 shows a mileage of 64701, and my current one shows 80156. It is clear an error was made on the 09 one by looking at the fail certificate and my average mileage. Will this be a problem when I sell?
I will be shortly selling a car which purchased 8 years ago when it was one year old. I have just been looking at old MOT certificates and have noticed that last year's has the wrong mileage recorded. The fail cert shows 73816 and the 09 MOT shows 63635, the one the year before this 08 shows a mileage of 64701, and my current one shows 80156. It is clear an error was made on the 09 one by looking at the fail certificate and my average mileage. Will this be a problem when I sell?
0
Comments
-
No problem.
Throw away all the old certificates and just hand over the current MOT certificate.0 -
Hi
I will be shortly selling a car which purchased 8 years ago when it was one year old. I have just been looking at old MOT certificates and have noticed that last year's has the wrong mileage recorded. The fail cert shows 73816 and the 09 MOT shows 63635, the one the year before this 08 shows a mileage of 64701, and my current one shows 80156. It is clear an error was made on the 09 one by looking at the fail certificate and my average mileage. Will this be a problem when I sell?
Nope, just give them the current MOT and destroy the previous ones, there is no need to deliver all of the historical MOT documents, people are only interested in the latest state of the vehicle.
If you advertise this error it would cause a problem, but as the vehicle has clearly not been 'clocked' I see no reason to advertise the anomaly0 -
but will have access to the MOT history if interested online once they have the V5 document numberpeople are only interested in the latest state of the vehicle.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards