We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
speeding
foxyd3vil12
Posts: 108 Forumite
in Motoring
was just on my way to work and getting to a speed camera when another car overtook me doing way over the limit. He went over the lines but the camera missed him and flashed me. I was doing 30mph and had gone over three or four lines of the trap. What will happen now? I dont want points or a fine when i was not speeding
0
Comments
-
Wait until you het a NIP which is probably unlikely. Must be sent out within 14 days.0
-
I have always thought that the camera flashes twices with a short interval so that they can count the number of lines covered by a car in between the flashes. But of course I could be wrong.
As the points on your licence can have severe implications (say you want to get a job that involves driving) you will probably have to deny any wrongdoing very robustly. If I was in your shoes and was sent a notice I would send them a recorded letter explaining the circumstances. I am sure that like any other system these cameras are not fool proof and I doubt they could prove otherwise.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.0 -
If you weren't speeding you'll be ok. Can you be sure the camera missed the other chap?.....0
-
davetrousers wrote: »If you weren't speeding you'll be ok. Can you be sure the camera missed the other chap?
Don't be so sure. 99% of the time yes but they do make mistakes.
Nothing to be done at this stage just wait.0 -
They take two photo's, the lines are used to show how fast you were going between two photo's.
So if for example the lines were 1 meter apart, the photo's 500ms (half a second) second apart and you cross 10 lines then they calculate 20 meters per second, which equals 44.73 mph.
I doubt you'll have anything to worry about if you were at the speed limit.“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”
<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/0 -
the camera did not miss him, you could do with learning a little more on how a Gatso or a Truvelo work's, if both car's are in the photo it will show which one (or both) was exceeding the limit, just google Gatso/Truvelo for more info. Gatso is rear facing Truvelo can be front or rear, Gatso will flash twice Truvelo twice if rear facing once if front facing,
Good luck,
T.0 -
Seen them flash when nothing had gone past them. I doubt they are as accurate and reliable
as they make out.
Wonder if you can find out how many false readings a particular camera had registered?Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...0 -
forgotmyname wrote: »Seen them flash when nothing had gone past them. I doubt they are as accurate and reliable
as they make out.
Wonder if you can find out how many false readings a particular camera had registered?
I've had them flash at me from the other side of the road with me driving head on at them before now :rotfl:0 -
Assuming there was actually a camera in there, they move the cameras round. Sometimes they just have a thing in them that monitors speeds and makes the flash go if you being naughty.Nothing to see here, move along.0
-
The white lines are there to allow a Distance/Speed/Time problem to be worked out. If you cover X number of lines at Y time you are travelling at a known speed.
Regardless of the other car, if you weren't speeding you won't have a problem.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards