PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

OS Planning.

Options
13»

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmmmmm

Haven't thought about this in a long time, I don't really have many goals left. I'm very happy with my life really, I just have the normal day to day niggles that everyone else has. Mr Proctalgia, if DH and I ever split up ;) I have kids but I don't do baggage :D

Short term

Learn to knit and use my sewing machine
    Get an allotment
    Tell DH that I really don't want to undergo 3 operations just to have 2 boobs again :(

Medium term

get debt free, it's not a problem or an issue with us as we have enough money to pay everything comfortably but it would be nice to know I don't owe anyone anything.

Long Term

Finally qualify as a Life Coach
    Teach my daughter that everyones opinions count not just hers.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Ruby_Pudding
    Options
    Superb thread - very thought provoking...........

Had a little think and these are my immediate goals:

In the Short term I want:

To begin effective weight loss plan
    To stick to daily exercise plan
    To successfully complete first year of accountancy course
    To get hall, stairs and landing plastered
    To become an expert at jam and chutney making :D
    To learn how to make muffins successfully
    To stick to meal planning and spending diary

In the Medium Term I want:

To complete second year of accountancy course and become part qualified
    To have a baby
    To learn some kind of creative skill like sewing or pottery
    To reduce debt

In the Long Term I want:

To work hard enough to be able to afford a more suitable house with space for chickens and a goat (and cats and dogs and a little pig and ducks......)
    To start either a Masters or a PhD
    To own a KitchenAid :D:D
    To become debt free
    To start own business
    To own an Aga and have an open fire again
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    This thread has been at the back of my mind all day. I'm very content with my life at the moment generally, there is really only one area I want to change/work on and that is my weight and long term health. So

short term
    To stop eating between meals
    To eat smaller portions
    To stop having seconds
    To eat slowly and thus give my brain a chance to recognise when I'm full
    Move more

medium term
    Lose a stone and reduce my slightly high cholesterol level

long term
    Lose 4 stone and maintain it, thus avoiding increased risk of diabetes, CHD, cancer and other bad things.

I'm finding it hard to reconcile my love of cooking with losing weight.I know there are lots of low-fat recipes out there but tbh it's not what I cook for meals it's all the extras I manage to cram in.Also every time I come on this board someone is talking about making pies or cakes :D :rolleyes: .I like doing that sort of cooking and we eat very healthily really- I'm the only one in my family with a weight problem.
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    Just for the information and interest of Ruby Pudding, thriftlady and any others who may have similar goals, there's an excellent thread on this very forum which caters for us girls (and there are guys too!) who are trying to slim down. Everyone's very supportive and one poster even runs a slimming class so has loads of advice if needed. Another very kindly runs a 2lb weight loss club which everyone's welcome to join.

I've been overweight since forever, and before now have never been able to seriously face my problems. I have managed to sustain a healthy diet and regular exercise for nearly a month now thanks to the support I have received in there, and I don't even feel like faltering.

Come on in - nobody bites!

Lose weight the MSE way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills