Cheap and fun ideas for Teenage Sleepover Party

Options
Hi wanted some ideas for next weekend as it's my daughter's sleepover, I'm allowing 3 friends so obviously 4 in total, all 14 year old girls, any thoughts that will save my sanity? Cheers
DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
It matters not if you try and fail,
And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.

Comments

• Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I remember my friend having a sleepover when I was 13-14. We were allowed to rent a 15 rated film and her Mam let us have a small glass of wine each. We felt really grown up :D
    Here I go again on my own....
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How about getting in some face masks n letting them have a kind of pampering night? Im out of the loop with teenage girls but think something like that might go down well...why not ask your daughter what she would like to do?

Hope this helps
    Carol
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.chiff.com/entertain/slumber-party.htm

Hope that helps, loads of ideas on some of the links

We did the whole make up/facials/gossip all night at that age usually, probably hire a chick flick too (but was on video then not DVD lol)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Biddyrolo
    Options
    My two used to go in for videos and Haagen Dazs.
  • freebie_fairy
    Options
    microwave popcorn, pizza, karioke, DVDs ...
    A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist :j
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i agree with the pampering ,get them to bring stuff round for facials / makeovers and their fave CDs ,DVDs / mags etc

hope they dont cause you too much grief ;):)
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ask around the make up counters in your local dept. store, see if they have any old samples they could give you?

How about a good old fashioned game of truth or dare? Have the dares made out beforehand so it's not too wild.

Shloer sparkling grape juice put into a wine bottle with a nod and a wink to each parent beforehand might go down well with 14 y.o.s, since it is a bit dubious to actually supply alcohol to other people's kids.
    Put the real wine into the Shloer bottle-hehe-they'll think you're setting them a good example;)

Have fun,other people's 14 year old will usually be nice to their friends parents:D

Happy birthday when it comes to your dd too!
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • janeawej
    Options
    a large bottle mof wine for yourself i think would be good!!!!:beer:
    seriously tho if u are going to ive then alcohol even in tiny amounts it is best to get parents permission first, then maybe make a punch with a tiny bit of wine in lots of fruit juice as they are bound to want to drink loads this way they think they are having much more alcohol than they actualy are!!:D they must haqvre a midnight feast!!!! lots os sweets ect for that but of course its secret so u dont know anything about it:rotfl: :rotfl: dont underestimate how much they will eat!! also something nice for breakfast is nice maybe croissants or pain au chocolate? good luck !:A :eek:
    Member 1145 Sealed Pot Challenge No4 ;)
    NSD challenge not to spend anything till 2011!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family