Quote for Installation of GreenStar 30CDI boiler

Options
Hi all,

I currently have a 10+ year old boiler in the kitchen. Its a typical storage tank system, we have two tanks in the roof and a hot water tank in the airing cupboard.

I'd like to change this to a greenstar 30cdi boiler putting the boiler in the airing cupboard.

I've been quoted £2300 for this work which includes the following:
  • Supply and fit a Worcester 30cdi A rated Condensing boiler with a vertical flue to the airing cupboard
  • Supply and fit a programmable room stat to the hall way.
  • Supply and fit a mini- expansion vessel to the cold water supply to the boiler.
  • Supply and fit thermostatic valves to the existing radiators.
  • Remove the existing boiler, flue. cylinder and roof tanks.
  • Connect the existing cold water fed from the tanks in to the cold water supply for the bathrooms.
  • Supply and fit a gas supply from the meter to the boiler in 22 mm copper pipe,
  • Supply and fit a condensate pipe to the waste using a pump.
  • On completion we will flush the system and place an inhibitor in to the system
This comes with a 5 year Worcester Bosch gurantee so long as i pay 50 quid or so a year on the service.. which seems a good deal.

I've already made my mind up on the 30CDI boiler... Does anyone know if this price is reasonable for the work listed?

My grandad paid £1500 for a budget boiler replacement... that didint involve:

- refiting gas pipe to boiler
- fitting roomstat
- fitting TRVs
- moving boiler to airing cupboard
- £300 more for a more expensive boiler
- 5 year worcester bosch gurantee

So in my head this quote doesn't seem to bad.

Comments

• gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds very good. With a vertical flue and all the other 'extras' you need I would have thought an extra £500 would still be good value.
  • citykid5
    citykid5 Posts: 821 Forumite
    Options
    sounds very good to me..a lot of new work,,and top boiler..ck
  • cherry76
    cherry76 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is a good price. I am paying 3k + £60 to remove the cold water tank from the loft. I am having the 27 installed in airing cupboard as well being relocated from kitchen plus magna clean and deline scaler fitted, power flush, 5 yrs guarantee and 5 yrs free service. I think mine is still a bit expensive.
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    cherry76 wrote: »
    This is a good price. I am paying 3k + £60 to remove the cold water tank from the loft. I am having the 27 installed in airing cupboard as well being relocated from kitchen plus magna clean and deline scaler fitted, power flush, 5 yrs guarantee and 5 yrs free service. I think mine is still a bit expensive.

Hardly expensive. 5 years servicing is worth at least £300 + VAT at todays prices.

I cannot understand why you would accept the quote if you thought it was expensive.
  • cherry76
    cherry76 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The firm is reputable. By expensive, I was comparing it to the quote I received with BG and there was not much difference in the price. I am glad you think the price is ok and I am not being ripped off. Thanks
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    My quote is from a gas safe engineer, with 5 years parts and labour as well. The guy has a website, landline and has done the same job on the next door neighbours house.

Basically i think i got a good rate as next door neighbour is his mate. Am getting it done next monday.

So i guess 2.3k is a good price then :).
  • tfossey
    Options
    I had a very similar job completed only last week. I had an outside oil fired boiler and have replaced this with a Greenstar 42CDi in my airing cupboard. This involved putting in the gas feed from the new outside meter box which the local gas company had just installed a few weeks ago. I have 19 rads and these all have thermostatic valves already installed, but the system was flushed and cleaned. The company also took away my old boiler and huge 600 gallon steel oil tank (glad to be rid of that eyesore). Also included were the digital timer, new wall thermostat and new tank thermostat - I kept my old HW tank as did not want to go full combi.

Total price was £3,050 but I paid only £2,650 as the gas company paid a £400 promotional grant for moving from oil to gas.

Oh, and it also included converting a 7 burner cooker hob and a lounge fire from LPG to NG and, of course, plumbing these into the new gas supply.

I originally got 3 quotes for the work, one was clearly a cowboy (no written quote, everything verbal, wanted to fit a boiler make I have never heard of), the other two were both good. The other one wanted to fit a 30CDi though and was still coming in at about the same price as the guy I chose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure