E: 30/09 - Win a Toshiba TV, laptop or netbook (photo or video effort)

Options
reniannen
reniannen Posts: 9,139 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 6 October 2010 at 7:36AM in Game Over Archives
Laptopswelove

To enter you have to upload a video (max 30s) or photo of you with your laptop doing something amazing, extraordinary, funny and/or cool. You can submit as many entries as you like, so long as they're different.

The public can vote for their favourite entries and there are 4 prizes on offer to the highest placed entries at the end of each voting period:
  • The first placed video entry will win a 46" LED LCD TV and a Toshiba Satellite T130 Laptop
  • The two video entry runners up will win one Toshiba Netbook each.
  • The first placed picture entry will win a Toshiba Netbook.
The 5 voting periods are:

1st April 2010 - 30th September 2010
1st October 2010 - 31st December 2010
January 1st 2011 - 31st March 2011
1st April 2011 - 30th June 2011
1st July 2011 - 30th September 2011

Your entry will carry over to the next voting period, but not your votes.

There will also be a final voting period from 30th September - noon on 31st October, when the first placed picture and the first placed video entry from each period will be entered into a Grand Prize draw. (I haven't included this in the end date as you can't submit any new entries)

Good luck :)

Comments

• reniannen
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Laptopswelove.com - Terms & Conditions

Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") and the Privacy Policy located at www.laptopswelove.com (collectively the "Agreement") carefully before submitting any of your photographs or video content ("Contribution(s)") to upload onto the Toshiba website (the "Website").
    These Terms contain our terms and conditions relating to the LaptopsWelove competition (the "Competition"). The Privacy Policy contains our policies relating to how we collect, protect and use your personal information.
    By accessing the Website, you agree to be bound by the Agreement. If you do not accept and abide by this Agreement, you should cease using the Website immediately. In the event of an inconsistency between the Terms and the Privacy Policy, the Terms shall take precedence.

1. This Competition is open to participants aged 18 or over, excluding
    employees of Toshiba and those professionally associated with the Competition,
    or their families and for countries or states where prohibited.
    ENTERING
    2. Fully complete the registration form at www.laptopswelove.com and you will be sent a confirmation email.
    3. This will contain a link to the site and you will need to upload a photograph or video of you using your laptop to do something amazing, extraordinary, funny and/or cool.
    4. All entrants agree that by submitting an entry to the Website or contacting other registered users they must comply with our content standards (set out in content standards below). Failure to comply may lead to removal of content or a suspension or ban without notice from using the Website.
    5. No purchase necessary.
    6. The Competition will run in five Periods from 1st April 2010 - 30th
    September 2010; 1st October 2010 - 31st December 2010; January 1st 2010 - 31st
    March 2011; 1st April 2011 - 30th June 2011 and 1st July 2011 - 30th September
    7. Entrants may enter any or all of the Periods and may upload one or more entries to each Period so long as entries are not identical. At the end of each Period, all entrants from that Period (except for the winners) will automatically be transferred into the next Period, however any previously accumulated votes will not be carried forward so that at the start of each Period each entrant will have nil points.
    8. Specification for Video: maximum of 30 seconds in length and be no more than 50MB in size.
    9. Specification for Photos: maximum file size of 5MB.

VOTING AND PRIZES
    10. During each period, site visitors will be able to vote for their favourite entry
    11. It should be noted that voting can occur at any time during each Period, so the earlier an entry is uploaded the longer time users will have to vote for it.
    12. Users may vote once for one or more images and/or video submissions. Users may not vote more than once for any one submission.
    13. The prizes: for the first stage of voting, there are 4 prizes on offer in each of the five voting periods, for the entries with the most votes.
    a. The first placed video entry will win a 46" LED LCD TV and a Toshiba Satellite T130 Laptop
    b. and the two video entry runners up will win one Toshiba Netbook each.
    c. The first placed picture entry will win a Toshiba Netbook.
    14. Then the first placed picture and the first placed video entry from each Period will automatically be entered into the second stage of voting. This will run from XXam (GMT) on 30th September 2011 until noon (GMT) on 31st October 2010 and site visitors will again vote for their favourite Contribution and the winner will win the Grand Prize..
    15. The nature of the Grand Prize will be announced on www.laptopswelove.com nearer the close of the promotion.
    16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant in the event that they are found to be in breach of the spirit of the voting stage or to discount any votes made by any registered user that, at its sole discretion, it believes to be fraudulent or otherwise suspect.
    17. If at the end of the voting period, there is more than one entry with the same highest number of votes then Toshiba shall judge the winner under independent supervision by their fit to the spirit of the competition. This decision shall be final.
    18. All prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable and have a cash value of no more than their face value, if any. There are no cash alternatives and Toshiba reserves the right to substitute any prize at any time.
    19. All electrical equipment will be provided from the UK and so will conform to UK electrical specifications.
    20. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Toshiba excludes all liability howsoever arising in connection with the prizes and all warranties, conditions, undertakings, terms and obligations implied by law (whether by statute, common law or otherwise).

OTHER
    21. Closing date for entries shall be :
    a. First Period : 23:59 (GMT) on 30th September 2010;
    b. Second Period : 23:59 (GMT) on 31st December 2010
    c. Third Period : 23:59 (GMT) on 31st March 2011;
    d. Fourth Period : 23:59 (GMT) on 30th June 2011 and
    e. Fifth Period : 23:59 (GMT) on 30th September 2011.
    22. The winners of the each Period of the Competition will be notified by e-mail, or will be provided with information by receiving notice on the Website, within 48 hours of the close of that Period. In the event that the winners are not contactable or do not respond to such contact with 14 days, the prize will be forfeit and another winner or runner-up may be chosen.
    23. Entrants agree to participate in reasonable publicity relating to their entry in the event of winning.
    24. For the name and country of the winners please visit www.laptopswelove.com 6 weeks after the close of the promotional period in question.
    25. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification
    26. By registering with us, you warrant that: all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; you will maintain the accuracy of this information; your use of the Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation..
    27. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use your Contribution on the Website,
    and for other uses as we require in any and all media. This includes, without limit, the right to sub-licence to third parties, in our absolute discretion via any and all media (whether existing now or invented in the future). You
    grant us all necessary rights, licences, consents and clearances to allow us to use your Contribution in accordance with these Terms and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in any Contribution.

CONTENT STANDARDS
    28. You, and not Toshiba, are entirely responsible for all Contributions that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Website.
    29. All entries and comments submitted may be subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload any entry or to remove any entry already uploaded without giving reasons for the decision and
    that such decisions (including without limitation, selection of winners and allocation of prizes) will be final in each case and no correspondence will be entered into.

30. You warrant that Your Contribution:
    a. Has been made by the entrant and that all content is authorized for this purpose. You must not upload photos or videos that you have not taken, or include images , music or other content to which someone else owns the copyright, without the requisite authorisations or if it contains images of third parties, without their consent.
    b. Does not infringe any copyright, trade marks, rights of privacy/confidentiality, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity;
    c. Does not contain any information about any person(s) under the age of 18 unless you are either their parent or legal guardian, or have signed permission from their parent or legal guardian;
    d. Does not contain any malicious code, viruses or other harmful programmes or material;
    e. Does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation; and
    f. Does not breach the Advertising Standards Authority's Code of Advertising Practice. The code can be found at www.asa.org.uk

31. In addition, content uploaded must not:
    a. Contain any material which constitutes or encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law;
    b. Contain any material which is defamatory;
    c. Contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
    d. Contain any visible branding by any other electronics company;
    e. Be likely to deceive any person;
    f. Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or obligation of confidentiality;
    g. Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
    h. Be likely to disrupt our service in any way; give the impression it emanates from us where it is not the case; or
    i. Advocate, promote or assist in any unlawful act, for example, copyright, trade mark infringement, or computer misuse.
    32. Posting personal information on our Website means your information is publicly accessible. We strongly recommend that you avoid disclosing personal information that could be used to identify you (such as name, age, address, or name of employer). For more information on how we collect and use personal information please see our Privacy Policy.
    33. You agree and acknowledge that in using the Website, members of the public may post comments ("Comments") about Contributions or follow up other users' Comments with a further Comment. The content of these Comments will not represent the views or opinions of Toshiba and its employees. Toshiba will not be held liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, or special loss or damage, cost and expense suffered or incurred by you caused by your use or reliance on the information contained in the materials on the Website.
    34. This Website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell the whole or part of any information or content obtained from the Website without Toshiba's prior written authorisation, unless in accordance with these Terms.
    35. You agree that your use of the Website is on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Consequently Toshiba makes no representations, warranties, conditions or other terms (whether express or implied) in relation to the provision of the Website, including without limitation as to completeness, accuracy and up-to-datedness or any content and information on the Website.
    36. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Toshiba excludes all liability (whether arising in contract, tort, and breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which Toshiba may otherwise have to you as a result of:
    a. Any error or inaccuracies in any information or material within or relating to the Website;
    b. The unavailability of the Website for whatever reason; and
    c. Any representation or statement made on the Website.
    37. Any intellectual property rights and trademarks subsisting in any content or material on the Website belongs to Toshiba and/or its licensors. All rights are reserved for the benefit of Toshiba and/or its licensors.
    38. Proof of completing or submitting an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of the entry by Toshiba and no responsibility will be taken by Toshiba for any entries that are misdirected or lost for technical or other reasons.
    39. Toshiba reserves the right to disqualify late or incomplete entries, or entries made by third parties or agents.
    40. Under no circumstances shall Toshiba be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage suffered (including without limitation loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated saving, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy, loss of data and any other direct or indirect losses) arising from you participating in this Competition or your use of the Website (including the downloading or any software, program or information) or reliance thereon.
    41. For the avoidance of doubt, Toshiba does not exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, for any fraudulent misrepresentations made by Toshiba on the Website or for any other statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
    42. You agree to indemnify Toshiba for any loss or damage that may be incurred by Toshiba, including without limitation legal fees, arising from your breach of any terms or warranty herein or your misuse of any material or information obtained through the Website.
    43. You agree to indemnify Toshiba and any related third parties in full from and against all third party claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) incurred or suffered by such persons arising out of or related to your Contribution and/or any breach by you of any term in these Terms.
    44. Your use of the Website and/or its content creates no partnership, client, fiduciary or other professional relationship.
    45. These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
    46. If any provision of these terms or any document incorporated by reference is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of such documents remain in full force and effect.
    Promoter: Toshiba
    Information Systems (UK) Limited, whose registered office is at Toshiba Court, Weybridge Business Park, Addlestone Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2UL.
  • calladan
    calladan Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 August 2010 at 11:03PM
    Options
    I've got a pic in this be a great help if anyone could do a like :) (my laptops on last legs so really could do with new one!) PHOTO

sorry if posts not supposed to go here first time really done a vote comp,will put on other board in future :)
    2010 3,993(nothing in december!)

2011 £1200 approx

And my thanks to all the fantastic people who post comps and help each other and have made this a great forum :)
  • reniannen
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, calladan vote for me requests go in the thread on the referrers board

Good luck with you entry though, I've voted. Think I should try that with my laptop, it's burning my legs as I speak :)
  • reniannen
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 October 2010 at 8:24PM
    Options
    bumping as new entry/voting period starts today. Commiserations Calladan, fingers crossed for you this time if you do decide to try again :)
  • calladan
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Been many many issue's with this comp i'll not try again as basically all the winners just waited till near the end date then they used vote exchange websites and got hundreds of entrys every day for a week those who run it knew this too but chose to do nothing,thanks for posting but i'd not recommend anyone spending too much time on this as its a 3 month long comp i tried for months was in the lead only tobe cheated out in the last week(by a fellow mser...)

bitter...yes i am slightly!
    but again thaks for posting those who do are great people :) (unlike some other mser'sno names mentioned lol)

2011 £1200 approx

And my thanks to all the fantastic people who post comps and help each other and have made this a great forum :)
  • reniannen
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ah sorry Calladan I knew there was bad blood from the comments but not exactly what happened. This is why I don't really get involved in voting comps, it's a shame. Good luck to anyone who does decide to have a go.
  • calladan
    First Anniversary
    Options
    good luck to any who enter and thank you reniannen for posting as the prizes are very good,just wanted give fair warning as there is a lot of upset people due to how this comps being run/entered.

reniannen people like you are the good side of mse which is most of the site luckily :) (hope you get a visit from comp fairy )

2011 £1200 approx

• calladan
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Stokeybloke was your entry darkerdave by any chance? only reason i say is i found the cheat/swop site the winner of the photo comp used and toshiba(daniel wheeler) actually messaged the winner on there and said it was ok they would let them carry on even though they had banned others they even said names i only remember the name darkerdave as i know it from twitter! i complained and got a nasty e.mail from daniel wheeler saying i was moaning!(i think very suspect who has won ban some and not others it looks like!)

2011 £1200 approx

• calladan
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i have complained as well regarding the comp and this daniel wheeler and the emails he sends seems like lets some people get away with anything though as all the eventuall winners are from vote exchange sites.....maybe he had a few friends enter the comp i think?

2011 £1200 approx

• calladan
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i've written a complant post on the toshiba facebook page feel free to like and add commment more people do something might happen!

2011 £1200 approx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure