Recommendations for a good store card?

Options
Hi all -

I'm looking for recommendations for a good store card, not the least of which is that Christmas is coming up and I'm aware that some may be offering attractive benefits as we approach the holiday season!

This will be my first such card. I'm aware that many programmes are run by Santander, but can you recommend any in particular? I'm London-based, if that helps expand my options...

I'm looking for something that:
1/ offers nice goodies and benefits
2/ is flexible (perhaps usable in other department stores)
3/ is not a customer service nightmare to deal with - I just want something where I can make occasional charges and pay off in full when the bill arrives
4/ will not damage my credit profile.

Ideas?

Chris

Comments

• PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    debenhams isnt too bad, but depends if you shop there. Asda also is supposed to be good. And I refer to these as credit cards.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    By definition store cards are inflexible.

They all have higher APRs than credit cards, typically are offered with lower limits, are usable at few places, etc.

Best advise is not to consider a store card but a decent credit card. Are you looking to spread the cost of your purchases or settle in full each month?
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • cmacneil
    cmacneil Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Just looking for a good store card. I'll pay it off in full monthly, so am looking at benefits (i.e. product previews, vouchers, discounts etc etc) that might come with the card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure