Don't trust NationwideEnergy Services

Options
Don't trust NationwideEnergy Services at http://www.nationwideenergyservices.co.uk/about.htm.

I contacted them. Was advised that cost would be £179 for loft insulation and an additional £179 for CWI. Advised them that I was seeking other quotes as well and hey presto, less than 5 mins later, I get a phone call to advise me that 'they had found a grant that enabled them to deliver each insulation for £129 each; namely £258 in total.'

Agreed with them that they would send a surveyor to my home this morning. Spoke to Energy Savings Trust, who advised me the best price for loft insulation was £129 for my area.

Got a phone call yesterday afternoon at 1600hrs to advise me that NationwideEnergy services couldn't make my appointment as they "had double booked it". They also gave me an alternative date/time (using their words ''after I had got all of my other quotes") and provided me with a mobile phone number (which would cost me money) to contact them.

I have today been visited by one of heir competitors (Mark Group Energy Serving), who has confirmed that I already have CWI (excellent result for me) and my loft insulation will cost £129.

I will now go with MGSE and will not bother to contact NES. If they can't be bothered to chase for work, I can't be bothered to chase them. Their loss and not mine ! :):):)

Comments

• iamcornholio
    iamcornholio Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Options
    sirmarcus wrote: »
    .. and provided me with a mobile phone number (which would cost me money) to contact them.

!!!!!!! :eek: Outrageous
    sirmarcus wrote: »
    Their loss and not mine !

I suspect they would be pleased how it turned out - they got off lightly IMO :rotfl:

I'd be interested to know why all this means that they can't be trusted though?
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Options
    !!!!!!! :eek: Outrageous

If you want to pay in order to confirm a date/time for a company to provide you with a quote for insulation, that is your perogative. I refuse to pay for this. They also didn't provide me with a freephone number, which MGES did. I originally contacted NES via email and they phoned me.

I suspect they would be pleased how it turned out - they got off lightly IMO :rotfl:?

On the contrary, I feel that I got off lightly by not giving them the work !:D:D:T:T:rotfl::rotfl:
    I'd be interested to know why all this means that they can't be trusted though?

If you want to trust a company that advises you at the last minute that it can't make an appointment, gives a dubious reason for cancelling the appointment, asks you to phone them back on an expensive mobile number and doesn't provide you with a freephone number, good luck to you !! I won't bother with them and am glad that I haven't !!:D:D:rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure