We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: At Cost Energy collapses as directors resign

Options
2»

Comments

• badgermanRocks
    Options
    is it a coincidence that Mr Stockdale's illness has become more and more reported on the run up to the collapse of the company? could this be the ultimate exit strategy?
  • I signed up. I told all my family,friends,colleagues how good they were going to be. I joined the Group on Facebook along with many others.

Thought things had gone quiet and then found out only this week that all the Directors had resigned and the company was going into administration (apparently).

How much of a fool do I feel? Possibly like lots of others especially in the Group on Facebook.

What I am annoyed about is that At Cost Energy did not notify me out of courtesy that things were going awry and that there might be some delays possibly until they sort out the internal challenges at the company. I find this kind of attitude appalling.

If any of the Senior Management from At Cost Energy read this post then you should be ASHAMED at yourselves with regard to Customer Relationship Management. You also missed a trick. We all knew the etihics behind the company and that is why everyone was so keen to sign up.Obviously as well it was too get cheaper energy for your home. If the company had cash problems why did you not ask for 'donations' from people who wanted to be customers to give you some cashflow and then turn the company into "The People's Energy Company." You coudl have aslo run the company as a 'charity' saving huge amounts of corporation tax.

Matt Stockdale. You need to step up on this one. 18,000 people who you made promises to are not very happy. You need to give some answers to people. If you have run away then you are not the man I thought you were. H:mad:ave you run away?
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 9 September 2010 at 6:43PM
    Options
    We all knew the etihics behind the company and that is why everyone was so keen to sign up.Obviously as well it was too get cheaper energy for your home. If the company had cash problems why did you not ask for 'donations' from people who wanted to be customers to give you some cashflow and then turn the company into "The People's Energy Company." You coudl have aslo run the company as a 'charity' saving huge amounts of corporation tax.

Ethics? A Charity? The self proclaimed millionaire Matt Stockdale?

Send donations? The self proclaimed millionaire Matt Stockdale?

Perhaps you will have the opportunity in future to send donations to these 'charities' see post #4
    at cost banking
    at cost credit card
    at cost fuel
    at cost holidays
    at cost homephone
    at cost insurance
    at cost internet
    at cost loans
    at cost mobile phones
    at cost mortgages
    at cost petrol
    at cost water
    Mmmm

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
  • I see your point. Perhaps he has delusions of jumping from oven cleaning pads to running the next Virgin Group.
    I still feel like a complete idiot for telling people how great it was going to be.
    BUT what I find most galling still is that they did not email the people who signed up to say things were not going as planned.. Really bad business practice.
    The moral of the exercise-avoid any buisness venture that involves Matt Stockdale unless it is something that cleans items in your kitchen. Apparently he is good at this but obviously not at any other business where cleaning stuff is not involved.

Thank you for your welcome to the Forum!!!!!
  • DVardysShadow
    Options
    Antispam wrote: »

Always thought pigs might fly
    Oh, they do. It blddy hurts if you are flying one when it crash lands.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport