Help with dishwasher problem please

Options
sonjaday
sonjaday Posts: 287 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
I live in Barry in South Wales and would really appreciate help with an ongoing problem I have.
I have a 5 year old integrated Bosch dishwasher model no. SHV43A03GB/44. After the machine stopped working properly I noticed that the top rotor arm did not turn, so I called out our local repair man. He suggested it was the pressure chamber assembly which needed changing, when this didn't work he said the machine was beyond repair. I was then telling a friend who recommended a different repair man, he suggested it was the impeller kit which needed changing. The seal had broken down and was about to let water into the motor. He also changed the top rotor arm assembly as a last resort as it didn't seem to be letting in enough water. Neither of these worked, so he stripped down the machine completely and found an exit valve which was sticking in one position which he said meant it would only work on every other wash. This has turned out to be the case.. I've been trying all these different options for many months now and don't know which way to turn. I've spent about £150 and still the machine is not working properly. A new machine is about £500. Bosch say I needed to use a registered Bosch engineer, but the callout is £80. If the machine is beyond repair, I will have wasted a lot of money. The next thing to try could be to change the electronic panel which cost £150. Do I buy another Bosch, hoping for a more reliable machine, as I have so many new spare parts now. Or should I go for a cheaper option
I would appreciate any help, because as a result of surgery I have a weak arm and a working dishwasher is really necessary to me.
Thank you and sorry about the complicated explanation.
Sonjaday

Comments

• sonjaday
    sonjaday Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glotech_Repairs

Thank you so much for such helpful advice.

I too wish you were based nearer to me.

I'll do as you say and mention this to the repair man, as I've spent so much already I may as well continue with one more try. At least if this fails I'll buy a new Bosch and will have many spare parts already!!!!!! I had hoped for more than 5 years from a Bosch machine, which was why I bought it in the first place.

Anyway, thank you very much once again, for taking the trouble to help me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure