Money appeared in my account

Options
I'm pretty useless at checking my credit card statements as I pay minimum amount every month so always think there won't be anything to look at (yes I know I should check them every month....!!). I opened a back log of credit card statements the other week when I noticed that in May a deposit of £1,200 had been made, leaving my account in credit by over £300. I phoned Virgin the next day to check where this money had come from & they said it had come from a Santander account and gave me the persons name that it came from. I have never heard of this person before! Virgin said they would look into it and come back to me in a few days. It's been over a week now and I haven't heard back from them. What should I do?

Comments

• KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Don't spend it, when they realise the mistake, they will take it back.

On the other hand, maybe you have a generous benefactor?
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • Evilm
    Evilm Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Options
    I would ensure that you keep paying the minimum (approximately) that you would need to pay if that money wasn't there and wait to see if it gets taken away.
  • savanajhones
    Options
    The same thing happens with my friend and he was wondering, from where he got the money and then he consulted with the respected person. He got the suggestion of not using that money as it is by mistake transferred to the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure