We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How to register for Egg Cash Back ?

Hi all

I have an Egg Money Card, and their website is littered with invitations to register for the new cash back site (run by Quidco). But whenever I try - and I've tried multiple times over the last few weeks - I get this:
Sorry that page isn't available

The page you're trying to get to isn't available at the moment. We're working hard to fix this for you. Please try again later.
I'm starting to think this is all a con, and there isn't really a cash back site at all. Has anyone actually managed to register for this ?

Comments

  • ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 80 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Having now had a response from Egg, I can now answer my own question (just in case anyone else's worrying about it). Apparently, whilst I have a card with "Egg" written on it in large friendly letters, I don't have an Egg Card (which is a specific product, a Visa card). I have an Egg Money Card (which is a different product, a Mastercard). And the Cashback site is only accessible if you have the Egg Card (ie Visa), which I don't. So my fault for being a dumbo, but it would have been nice if the error message I got explained that, rather than the misleading "Not available at present, try again later".
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ColinB wrote: »
    Having now had a response from Egg, I can now answer my own question (just in case anyone else's worrying about it). Apparently, whilst I have a card with "Egg" written on it in large friendly letters, I don't have an Egg Card (which is a specific product, a Visa card). I have an Egg Money Card (which is a different product, a Mastercard). And the Cashback site is only accessible if you have the Egg Card (ie Visa), which I don't. So my fault for being a dumbo, but it would have been nice if the error message I got explained that, rather than the misleading "Not available at present, try again later".
    I only have the Egg Money card, but can access the site when I click the link.

    I did have an Egg Card a long time ago though, and long since closed down...maybe that's why?
  • ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 80 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hmm, that's interesting. If any other Egg Money Cardholders chip in to say they can do it, I'll go back to Egg again and challenge them.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I only have the Egg Money card, but can access the site when I click the link.

    I did have an Egg Card a long time ago though, and long since closed down...maybe that's why?

    Cardwise, ditto. But I can't access the site!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Just so we're all clear, we are talking about this one?...

    http://eggcashbackstore.quidco.com/
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Just so we're all clear, we are talking about this one?...

    http://eggcashbackstore.quidco.com/

    Yes.

    I need to register, so it asks if I am an egg customer.

    I say yes, so I get the egg login page.

    I log in, as per usual egg money log in, and I get ...

    sorrythatpageisntavailable.gif

    The page you're trying to get to isn't available at the moment. We're working hard to fix this for you. Please try again later.
    From here you can either go to 'Your money' or back to the previous page
  • Does anyone know if the Egg cashback site pays the same rate as Quidco? As the Egg site doesn't have an annual fee it would be better to start using that one if the rates are the same... Hmm me wonders...
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.