'Which is the worst customer service bank?' poll discussion

Options

Comments

• V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    If so many people think their bank is "poor", why don't they move to a someone else?
    :hello:
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    V.Lucky wrote: »
    If so many people think their bank is "poor", why don't they move to a someone else?

A lot of us have.

Anything's an improvement on a Santander-owned bank, but First Direct is the best by some margin.

Just imagine what a foul-up Santander could make of it, though..........
  • EvieSaver
    EvieSaver Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    This has got to be the worst bank ever. I took out a 1 year bond advertised as being an internet account. Which although they accepted the money to open the account in the form of a cheque in the post the refuse to return the money unless I go into a bank - no where in the paperwork does it state that access to a branch is required for this account. No transfers, no cheques - branch only.

The first 2 months interest didn't appear in my account either - to sort this out I had to go into a branch. A month later I received the missing interest in the form of 2 cheques, a week later I received them again (obviously I didn't let them know about their mistake).

On going to the branch to withdraw the funds from my account I had a 30 minute wait in the queue (only 5 people ahead of me) and then it took 45 minutes for the lady to print a cheque (she originally said it had to be a transfer but then couldn't figure out how to use the new Santander system 'upgrade'). Couldn't believe it took an hour and 15 mins to make a withdrawal!, the lady at the cashier next to me was trying to do the same thing but had been standing there for 2 hours!, they were having to get chairs for people in the queue as it was now outside the door!. Glad to have escaped - will not be going back.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Santander
    Dont get me started :mad:
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • Auntie_Bev
    Options
    am very relieved to see that i am not the only one with this problem of not being able to access my accounts online. I have had no feed back from A & L regarding this problem which the customer service operators have assured me this is due to the change over to Santander. However this change over happened 8th of july. my problem began a fortnight this wednesday! I complained about the amount of time and cost in tryin to get through on the helpline and the credited my account with £10. i also got them to move my savings into my current account and the next day wrote out a cheque and put them elsewhere. am going to have to bite the bullet though and get myself a new current ccount elswhere as this is unacceptable. The operators were friendly and helpful but i wouldnt ask anything of the branch staff i find them abrupt, unsmiling, unhelpful and unfriendly.:mad:
  • davidalice
    Options
    Santander has become a nightmare Their internet banking system has been down over a week and is very inconvienient. Their customer service is abysmal with no info about this fault at all so as soon as i can i will move banks and they can take a running jump
  • ganonman
    ganonman Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 August 2010 at 7:32PM
    Options
    I have just received a new PIN number for my "Santander Visa Debit Card".

(I have an A&L visa card with a sensible PIN number that still has time to run)

So what is going on?
    Is this number for my existing card or are they cancelling & reissuing.
    Do I still have any access to my money?

Same has happened to me today, have no clue why I've received it.

And I agree with the poll, shocking service, and even when the staff what to help, the procedures in place seem to give them so many obstacles. After changing her name on her HSBC account easily in branch just 10 mins earlier my wife also wanted to change the name to her married name on our joint account. She had a marriage certificate, council tax bill, utility bill, passport, photo driving license, her expired debit card, me and my active debit card. And they wouldn't do it after she'd filled out the whole form because she didn't have her active Santander debit card (which she didn't have because they never sent her one!).
    :mad::mad::mad::p
    "A bank* is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

(*Unless it's Santander. The branch says they sent you an umbrella 3 times already and don't understand why you don't have it yet and want it back right now!!!)
  • orchidia
    Options
    sarahc1964 wrote: »
    Why have the Alliance changed such a good automated system?
    Three time now i have called over 5 days and each time i am on hold for 30 mins!! is this to make money out of us??
    I asked the guy in customer services and was told it was because of the change over and parts of the automated system being down:mad:

I will be moving my account from Santander. Since Alliance & Leicester became Santander, the customer service online and on their telephone banking is extremely poor, which was not the case beforehand. I have been trying to contact them for the past week in order to transfer some money. The wait is so long and no-one is answering. I also posted a message to the helpdesk because there were some online technical problems, I am still waiting for a reply. Very frustrating & disppointing.
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    I have just received a new PIN number for my "Santander Visa Debit Card".

(I have an A&L visa card with a sensible PIN number that still has time to run)

So what is going on?
    Is this number for my existing card or are they cancelling & reissuing.
    Do I still have any access to my money?

I've tried my A&L card and it still works with its old PIN number in the local ATM.

So perhaps there is a Santander card lost in the post?
  • margaretmary_2
    Options
    So sorry to have not seen this last week . Alliance and Leicester ,now Santander have been my bank since 1980 (then the National Girobank -where I had my first job ). It took 3 days to use a customers money and make a profit out of it . Now its much longer . If you need to speak to someone there be prepared to give up your day being put on hold . I waited between 30 and 90 minutes on hold 4 times in recent weeks . Needless to say I am cirrently moving my banking elsewhere at the moment !:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure