13»

Comments

• basill
    basill Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 August 2010 at 10:14AM
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    I have these. I bought them as a short term replacement for the Bose in ear headphones until my next US trip, when I planned to upgrade them. I have since been on several trips with them and cannot find anything below £150 that compares.

I also like those, Currently on offer at Play

Oh yes, they are Sennheiser CX300 MkII if you dont like mysterious links!

B
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a pair of Shure SCL2 noise-isolating headphones (cost about £60 or £70). I haven't used them on a plane, but they really cut down on background noise and give a pretty detailled sound.

I once used them in a busy bar in central London whilst waiting for friends - people could only make themselves heard by shouting directly in each others' ears, but I could hear every note at normal volume.

Might be worth a look...
  • Boa21
    Boa21 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dreamnine wrote: »
    Bose are overpriced rubbish.

Overpriced granted, but rubbish - I don't think so.

While not the fount of all knowledge, the Gadget Show rated the Bose as best in their tests of noise cancelling headphones. And I think that they are excellent.

Conversly, the Senheisser CX300 II that I have are easily the worst phones I have owned. A set of 3.50 Phillips ones I bought from Clas Ohlsen recently are miles better - but I am prepared to accept I have a duff pair!
    The force is strong in this one!
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 29 August 2010 at 9:25AM
    Options
    I got a pair of JVC over ear noise canceliing and they work fine for the background noises IIRC they were around £40

edit : they are NC100

Come with a retractable lead adaptor and bag,

Not too comfortable for sleeping a little bulky for both headrest flaps to be folded.

Improved my flying, I can now sleep through the trolly dollies doing their rounds.

I think I will look for a pair of NC earbuds next time they will provide isolation as well as cancelling.
  • squinty
    squinty Posts: 573 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2010 at 10:02AM
    Options
    Also consider the Klipsch Image X1 Headphones which are currently £17.99 from Amazon.

Bargain at that price. Prevoulsy had some
    Senheisser CX300s (until the cat chewed them) - and in my opinion the Klipsch's have better sound and are much more comfortable
  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    Options
    Boa21 wrote: »
    Overpriced granted, but rubbish - I don't think so.

While not the fount of all knowledge, the Gadget Show rated the Bose as best in their tests of noise cancelling headphones. And I think that they are excellent.

Conversly, the Senheisser CX300 II that I have are easily the worst phones I have owned. A set of 3.50 Phillips ones I bought from Clas Ohlsen recently are miles better - but I am prepared to accept I have a duff pair!

If I was going to spend £200ish on a set of earphones I wouldn't look at Bose, but Sennheiser IE8s - which I did.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport