Hachette Partworks delivery of Disney books after return date

Options
rich246
rich246 Posts: 14 Forumite
edited 1 August 2010 at 10:58PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here so please bear with me, I'm posting here because I did a search on Google for Hachette Partworks complaints which brought up some interesting posts on Hachette Partworks and also of a company called Grolier which is no longer in existence - I tried posting the links on here but as a new user am not allowed to!

Having Googled the two company names it would seem that there may be a common connection with the two companies, I've enclosed a link for a brochure pdf of a property for sale in which Grolier, Hachette Partworks, The Watts Publishing Group Limited, and one other company FRA LAGARDERE SCA are mentioned - The brochure is devonshireproperty.co.uk/projects/brochures/Leonard%20Street%20Brochure.pdf NOTE: It's the last six pages that may be of interest.

Anyway, getting pack to my reason for posting on here, my wife received a phone call a couple of weeks ago from a salesman from the 'Bounty Club' and agreed to accept a package containing two disney books and a few other items on the understanding that if she did not want the books she could return them within ten days of delivery.

This all sounds very good except the parcel was delivered on Friday 30th July 2010 and the invoice from Hachette Partworks was dated 17th July 2010 so I can assume the 10 day returns period has already been exceeded. I will be posting the said parcel back to Hachette Partworks tomorrow by registered post and await the response.

One further note, it would seem that we have been subscribed to the Disney Wonderful World of Reading and will be receiving another two books every four weeks until we cancel by phone or by post!

Anyone else dealing with this company, just watch out and make a note of the delivery dates and be careful of accepting 'free' gifts from friendly 'Bounty Club' telesales reps who make the calls!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport