IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN!!!! Should I pay up or not?

Options
I was issued a PCN on 24/7/2010 in the notorious LB of Newham.:rotfl: It was issued (just six minutes) after my pay and display ticket expired, even though i had purchased another ticket just a minute after the PCN was issued. The CEO was still by my car when i got back and he told me to write to the address on the back of the ticket and the PCN will be canceled cos it was issued within ten minutes of the times on both pay and display tickets. Is this true? I have only a week left TO CONTEST THE PCN ISSUE so as to meet the 14 DAY appeal rule.
Interested to hear suggestions please
Thank you.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Take a close-up digital picture (or a scan) of the PCN front AND back, showing all dates & all small print, and post it on a new thread here on pepipoo.com:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Read a few other similar Council PCN threads first on that link so you can see what to do from other cases. Also read the FAQs and stickies such as 'READ THIS FIRST!' and 'how to post pictures'.

Pepipoo get the majority of poster off their PCNs altogether. They are the experts!

For a start, you could just bung in an informal appeal to be received at the Council on or before the 14th day (including the day of issue so that's within 13 days by most people's standards).

Informal appeal is only the first stage, if rejected you'll get another chance later to formally appeal (when the Owner is sent a Notice to Owner, or 'NtO'). And if rejected you'll normally be re-offered the discounted fine as well in the rejection letter so you lose nothing by posting any old appeal asap.

99% of the time informal appeals are rejected - but that doesn't mean you haven't got a case! Councils play a game of bluff, hoping people will pay up. So WHEN you get your rejection letter and Notice to Owner don't give up, ask pepipoo for advice first.

Never rush to pay a Council PCN - always appeal (and never pay or appeal a private PCN!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Duplicate post???Could get confusing.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure