all that worry for nothing

Options
Hi everyone,hope your all ok. Hubby went to county court on monday,about ccj and charge on the house. Incasso(the debt agency) want to up our monthly payments from £87pm to £250pm,we were prepared to go up to £120. The cccs explained what would happen,basically incasso would do everything to recoup threr money.....so for the past month me and hubby have been crapping ourselves. Anyway monday morning came,and at 11 oclock hubby went in,at 11.04 hubby came out...grinning from ear to ear. The judge took one look at the paper work and said it would take 25 years for us to pay the debt,so what difference would another couple of years make,and,she REDUCED the monthly payments,our house is in neg eq,so fat chance of them getting anything there,told hubby to stop worrying and to get on with the rest of his life. I dont underestimate the seriousness of a ccj,or a charge on our house,the bottom line is there are people out there who re ally want to help.
I had my first proper nights sleep for a long time.

Keep all your chins up!:)

Comments

• MicheH
    MicheH Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    Options
    You've need a bit of a break for such a long time rennes. Really pleased that it's manageable for you and congratualtions on a good nights sleep! x
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Nice to hear about a judge with his head screwed on right.

Hope you can relax a bit now.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Doucam
    Doucam Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    That's good news, shows there are some sensible people out there, here's to more good nights sleeps x
  • bat-out-of-hell
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Nice to hear about a judge with his head screwed on right.

Hope you can relax a bit now.

I have to say it makes a refreshing change of late, but i dont think the debtor was ever a target, i think you will know what i am getting at fermi;)
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great news rennes!

:j :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income