We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wooden shutters?
murphydog999
Posts: 1,604 Forumite
Just read the awful stories and service of Thomas Sanderson blinds on the praise and vent section, and wondered if anyone has had experience with other companies.
I'm specifically after plantation shutters, and really liked the look of the TS ones, but not any more!
Any recommendations please
I'm specifically after plantation shutters, and really liked the look of the TS ones, but not any more!
Any recommendations please
0
Comments
-
I have just had wooden shutters fitted and used a company here (Northampton)called First4Blinds, but they are the same blinds I think that most firms seem to supply/fit. They were quite expensive, but I am happy with them as they block out a lot of light at night; allow me to have privacy in ground floor, front facing bedroom without having to close curtains: and I think they look really good too. Try ringing round smaller local blind companies.
Word of warning though - I had to wait 12 weeks for supply as they are apparently made in China!0 -
Had a bad experience of Thomas Sanderson that was due to the fact I was calling them out for two windows and they said that wasn't a big enough order for them to consider.
I went to Hillarys and they were dreadful also. Happy to take my order, but when it arrived faulty he never came back again and kept my money. I have since heard from a lot of friends who have had the same problem.
I ended up getting a refund through head office, I then went with a local company and they were great. If you can't find any where else, I believe John Lewis are good for this sort of thing and much better customer service.
hth0 -
I hadn't thought about John Lewis, thanks for that.0
-
murphydog999 wrote: »I hadn't thought about John Lewis, thanks for that.
Good morning: have you considered using an independent rather than one of the chains? They can usually offer a greater range of products.
HTH
CanuckleheadAsk to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)0 -
Canucklehead wrote: »Good morning: have you considered using an independent rather than one of the chains? They can usually offer a greater range of products.
Yes, thanks. I'm doing more research now (John Lewis don't sell them) for any Wiltshire based companies.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards