🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EGG CC, how long til you hear if accepted?

Options
Hi, wonder if anyone can help.
I applied for an EGG card Mon evening online. According to their site you can have an answer in a few minutes but when I submitted the application it said it would be within 24 hours. I checked my Equifax credit report and they had done a search on the 27th but I still not heard if I have been accepted yet.
How long does it usually take for them to contact you and is this done by e-mail or letter?
Thankyou in advance.

Comments

• fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Might have changed since when I got my card back in about 2005, but I got an instant decision.

If they still give instant decisions, then it would appear in your case they are carrying out further checks.

I really think you need to give them a call as I don't think there is a definitive answer, could be a few days, or a few weeks.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on, whatever you decide to do.

EDIT.......Just noticed the username, I have an auntie sue lol.
  • auntiesue
    auntiesue Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, back again.

I have received an e-mail from EGG today to say that I have been accepted for a card at 0% for 12 months then 17.9% after.

Just need to check that I will be able to transfer my overdraft at 0% or will this be classed as a cash advance?

Also have a store card and another CC with small balances on them. Would I be better to clear these with my overdraft so that I only have 1 balance transfer fee rather than 3?
    Thankyou in advance for any advice.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can indeed use the Egg card for Money Transfers - according to Stoozing.com the fee is 3% and will be at 0% for 14 months reverting to 17.9%

So yes you can pay off your store cards with your debit card after transferring sufficient funds into your current account and only have one balance transfer on the Egg card.

Happy rate tarting! :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport