Kids! This is where all my money goes!

Options
My eldest has been back in school for a week & my youngest has been in for 2 days, they each have invitations today for parties this weekend, so 2 cards, 2 pressies = £20 Then DD passes over a letter for a theatre trip, please complete slip & bring in £13 thank you very much! Add to that the cost of their school milk & fruit & its been one expensive week so far & its only Tuesday lol. Plus I need to pay fees for dance classes this weekend :eek:

Comments

• pounds_and_pensive
    Options
    Don't forget that the school photograph season is approaching too :)
    Eek! Someone's stolen my signature! :eek:
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I find them more expensive in the holidays.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Locana
    Locana Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget that the school photograph season is approaching too :)

Oh No!!! Last year my child did not smile. Did i buy the photos? Yes i did. where are they? in the cupboard!!!
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    Bulk buy cards on eBay for such things! 6 Moomin ones on there for £1 at the moment, they'd suit everyone. Everyone loves a Moomin.
    Unless that's just me. £10 a present is a lot too!
  • chatta
    chatta Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Start saving for teenagers, it doesn't get any better :o
  • tsharp
    tsharp Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    Sell the kids.
    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
  • KatrinaC_2
    Options
    bobbadog wrote:
    Everyone loves a Moomin.
    Unless that's just me.

That's just you. Moomins give me the HeebieJeebies. They're just not right...:eek: :rotfl:

Kat
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    I was just thinking how expensive it's been since we went back to shool !!!

Trip money, water money (to pay towards water coolers), band money.

DD fell and shredded her new trousers tonight, so needs a new pair, school photos were done yesterday, school disco next week :dance:

Here was me hoping things would get a bit cheaper once they were back in school :mad:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    I tend to spend about £5 - £6 on presents when my son goes to parties - all the kids his age seem to love the Power Rangers or Doctor Who figures that you can buy for about a fiver each.

And I get my son to help me make cards too - We do them on the computer and personalise them with the child's name and age (and a picture from their favourite TV programme if I can find out what it is) - you can buy fairly thin card that will go through a computer printer, and a lot of the parents have commented on how much their children like them. I'm not saying this would work with teenagers though hahaha!

(Edited cos I just can't type today!)
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • KatrinaC_2
    Options
    Locana wrote:
    Oh No!!! Last year my child did not smile. Did i buy the photos? Yes i did. where are they? in the cupboard!!!

Same here - they were so bad I couldn't even use them as grandparent presents. I'm planning on saving mine to extort money from DS with when he's older <wicked cackle...>

Kat
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport