Declined RBS Credit Card?

Options
Hi Sorry for cross posting

I have a 999 with both equifax and experian (have read now that these are meaningless!!! doh)

I have two cc's - one with a zero balance and one with £1100. Both have £9500 limits.
Been on the voters role for three years at the current address (with one lasped year) when i moved home and credit wasnt important to me.

These are the only 2 credit cards I have. I do however have a Catalogue which I missed a payment for last month (on a balance of £81) which shows a '1' in the payment history schedule of my credit report

Other than that - I have pages of 'o' on all of the credit card report.

I dont actually need the card - just wanted it for the 0% balance transfer offer.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• JacksterD
    JacksterD Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    You have two credit cards, each with a £9500 limit. Overall that's £19000 credit available, which is quite a lot. If your available credit to income ratio is quite high then that could be a reason for declining you.
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maybe the missed payment is bad news
    what cards do you have ?
    maybe they are related to RBS
  • Curt.
    Curt. Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    Err not to sound an idiot or patronize you Calamity but have you thought of ringing up the CC company with which you have the card that has the zero balance and asking them if you can get a 0% BT offer to transfer a balance from another card? (Assuming they are not provided by the same lender).

Or is this just a generic concern about being declined?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure