Options
1235»

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 6 August 2010 at 12:10PM
    Options
    I did read this and as people were posting re QROPS I thought that as I have moved to a QROPS (although I have never been a public sector worker and so my pension transfers were from two company schemes and a stakeholder pension not from a public sector pension) I had the right to post concerning QROPS. This may seem strange to you but it's just the way things happen sometimes.

Yes it does happen sometimes. However it's very unusual and seemed to come at a time that hinted at a bit of "directing".

It also seemed rather odd that a new poster would make a remark about 2 posters making "patronising remarks" when they were only trying to help.
    Also, I don't see why you would query why I should post after having "stumbled" over this thread without questioning why the wife of a retired teacher living in Spain should have, and if it's because I was a new poster I have until now been one of your "lurkers".

Seven-day-weekend has been posting here for a long time and we know her circumstances from other posts. She also has a deferred LGPS pension and spends her time between here and Spain (the country in question) so it seems quite sensible for her to post.
    I take on board what dunstonh has said about QROPS but, as I said in my original post, I took advice and made my decision - surely that is Cookiecrew's right as well - and I really don't understand why this thread had to degenerate into the nastiness it has.

It is of course cookiecrew's decision and everyone has made that very clear.

However it's also fair to other posters that the disadvantages of what he's doing are highlighted in case someone else does it without thinking. It's only when these were mentioned that cookiecrew started being unpleasant and referring to his thread being "hijacked" and accusing people of insulting him. No-one else has been unpleasant.

I shall continue to visit this site, but I think I'll just remain a "lurker" in the future.
    Regards.

The very fact that you want to "disappear" from the site after posting in only this thread kind of adds fuel to the argument that you were directed to this thread though.

If we're wrong then apologies and continue to post please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure