Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Alopecia

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was born with alopecia and received a wig on the NHS when I was 8 until I was 21 when my hair grew back. I am now 23 and my hair has fallen out again completely eyelashes eyebrows everything. I tried to talk to NHS regarding getting a free wig due to medical exemption due to the fact I have epelepsy but they have said I cannot get any help on getting a wig.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a place I can go for cheap wigs cheapest I have found is £300 pounds I am only working as a tempoary member of staff and I pay rent and get left £160 A month left for bills, food, and anything else I want.

Any ideas on what I can do?
***wishes people would give advice required on these boards rather than just being mean to everyone ****

Comments

• A_Phoenix_of_Tangerine
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Try ebay, sounds a weird place to buy wigs, but you can by them there - probably for a fair bit less than £300. Good luck x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure