esa medicals

Options
hi
new to this so please be patient.
got medical tomorrow for esa,im already getting esa and i have been for over a year now,im in the support component o esa can anybody advice me why am i having medical?thanks

Comments

• stazi
    stazi Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Options
    All claims for ESA (and IB) are reviewed by way of a further future examination on a regular basis. When someone passess the WCA for ESA (or PCA for IB), in the letter JCP sent it would have said that the next review would expected to be on xx/xx/xx.

Regular examinations are the method JCP use to control ESA (and IB) claims. The incapacity, and the expected recovery rate, will normally dictate when the next examination will happen.
  • hedid2003
    hedid2003 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    stazi wrote: »
    All claims for ESA (and IB) are reviewed by way of a further future examination on a regular basis. When someone passess the WCA for ESA (or PCA for IB), in the letter JCP sent it would have said that the next review would expected to be on xx/xx/xx.

Regular examinations are the method JCP use to control ESA (and IB) claims. The incapacity, and the expected recovery rate, will normally dictate when the next examination will happen.
    Thank you fpr responding
    What happens if all goes wrong and ive been used to a certain income ie being in the support group,then to find out that money has dropped quite alot,what is the law?
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    hedid2003 wrote: »
    Thank you fpr responding
    What happens if all goes wrong and ive been used to a certain income ie being in the support group,then to find out that money has dropped quite alot,what is the law?

I assume you mean what happens if you fail the medical. In this case you can appeal the decision and claim ESA at the assessment rate whilst appealing.
  • hedid2003
    Options
    how long will the appeal take?if i have to go down that line.
  • healy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    how long will the appeal take?if i have to go down that line.

It varies but can be 6 months or more.
  • hedid2003
    Options
    so that means i,ll be on basic rate for 6 months or more maybe,that will mean a big drop in weekly money, can they do that and still expect you to live and pay bills etc
  • healy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    so that means i,ll be on basic rate for 6 months or more maybe,that will mean a big drop in weekly money, can they do that and still expect you to live and pay bills etc

Yes they can do that.
  • hedid2003
    Options
    i also get help with interest on mortgage from the government,will that stop.
  • stazi
    stazi Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Options
    No, mortgage interest will continue if you are paid ESA assessment rate.
  • hedid2003
    Options
    Hi
    I had my medical over two weeks ago now and just received a pathway to work interview for next week.Does this mean im no longer in support group and they think im ready for work,because this is the only correspondance i have received.Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure