Bristol - the best bargain bread

Options
Savvy_Sue
Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,107 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
is to be had on the Gloucester Road, down the bottom, a little above the road to Montpelier Station. It's in a shop called The Bread Store, and they have a half-price bin on the left as you go in. I've bought from that bin with increasing confidence: the bread may be mis-shaped, or slightly overbaked, or something like that, but it is wonderfully fresh and stays that way. Of course you never know what you're going to be able to get - today we had a small wholemeal and a mushroom bread in the office, with a cheesey loaf brought home. Mmmmm. Scrummy.

(Now if you all get there before me and don't leave me any I SHALL SULK!)

If you're into wild and woolly tea bags and organic stuff there are also several shops nearby which sell that kind of thing as well. I recommend La Ruca, competitive tea bag prices and a very nice coffee shop upstairs!

Signature removed for peace of mind

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Yes but how much!!?
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    Yes but how much!!?
    50p-ish for an 'average' speciality loaf. They don't usually have big loaves in there. OK, it's still dearer than 19p white sliced cardboard from Tesco, but the taste is incomparable!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ooooooo I think I'm going to be near Gloucester road tomorrow.........................and I'll be in a long wheel based van!!!! How much dya reckon I could fit in there?? lol not a lot cos I'm going to Ikea too!! :rolleyes:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • lemming64
    lemming64 Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    haha a friend of mine used to work there :) funny finding it on this forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts