Advice needed

Options
Can someone offer some advice. We had booked flights with Travel Republic and on our confirmation our Provider was Goldtrail. Now our flights are no longer. I'm just not sure exactly who I should be trying to get our money back from either the CAA or our Virgin Credit Card. When I contacted Virgin they told me to get money from CAA but hearing on TV this could take months. I'm not sure whether to proceed with the CAA. This is the second time this has happened as we had flights for this holiday with Globespan earlier in the year and got money back from Virgin. How unlucky are we !!

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,639 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you checked this article

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2010/07/goldtrail-travel-collapse-your-rights?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=box

It's not just a case of luck.
    You've chosen some cut price small companies and now you are paying the price.
    That's not meant to sound gratuitously nasty but to point out to others that they should consider more than price when choosing companies to book with.
  • The_Generals_Wife
    Options
    Thanks Lisyloo for your reply. I had a read at the link but still unsure. The link said if we are not ATOL protected contact credit card company but we are ATOl Protected as it was booked through Travel Republic, I didn't choose Goldtrail it just came up after we booked and received the confirmation. When contacting the CAA they say put in form. I just dont know if I need to go to them or the credit card company. To be honest I get the feeling I will submit form to CAA for them to say in a few months time contact the credit card company. Are the credit card company still liable (thats probably what I'm wanting to know)
  • jennieharris
    Options
    I would also like to know about using visa debit chargeback card which has 120 days time limit. We used this card to pay for our package which included a goldtrail flight. We don't want to wait months for a refund, but have been told we should apply for full refund to ATOL via our agent. The agent also wants to deduct an admin charge!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure