creditors meet 04/08 br atcourt 06/08

Options
evenow
evenow Posts: 15 Forumite
edited 19 July 2010 at 4:04PM in IVA & DRO
my creditors meeting for iva is 04/08/2010 but a creditor is taking me to court for bankruptcy 06/08/2010 can just about raise funds to pay said creditor if required could i do this on day of court hearing if iva proposal is rejected ?

Comments

• Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    Who is your IVA proposal going to be with?
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
  • evenow
    Options
    Charco wrote: »
    Who is your IVA proposal going to be with?
    grant thornton
  • evenow
    Options
    grant thornton
  • cheesedoffwithdebt
    Options
    evenow wrote: »
    my creditors meeting for iva is 04/08/2010 but a creditor is taking me to court for bankruptcy 06/08/2010 can just about raise funds to pay said creditor if required could i do this on day of court hearing if iva proposal is rejected ?

I think your IP can issue an interim order to ask your creditor to hold off action until the creditors meeting- it does cost money but it is a possibility.
    now debt free and determined to maintain good spending habits and build savings
  • Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    I posted a reply to this explaining that you would be able to pay the debt before being made BR if it was necessary. You would also have pay any costs incurred so far by your creditor in pursuing you to court.

I don't know where the reply went, i wasn't just asking who your IP was then running! Like some nosey parker!

Your IP isn't likely to be wasting his time so hopefully your IVA will be a success - probably should have looked into an Interim Order tho as pointed out above...
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
  • Max_1066
    Max_1066 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with this and I hope you have better luck with GT than I did ... the IVA went through however they needed chasing 24/7 to get anywhere. Strangely they sprung into action when I threatened to go elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport