Applying for 11 - 15 oyster card help :(

New Post Advanced Search

Applying for 11 - 15 oyster card help :(

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
4 replies 1.7K views
drennerdrenner Forumite
68 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Her birthday is 06/12/94 and when i enter her passport details to verify it says incorrect passport number when i know its not. What shall i do :(

Replies

• dzug1dzug1 Forumite
    13.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drenner wrote: »
    Her birthday is 06/12/94 and when i enter her passport details to verify it says incorrect passport number when i know its not. What shall i do :(

Doublecheck you are not entering Os for 0s

Ring the helpline if that fails?
  • peterbakerpeterbaker
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sympathise ... I didn't bother in the end since TFL make this photo Oystercard nonsense so difficult.

Are you sure, OP, that you can justify the inconvenience and cost of applying versus adult Oyster prices between now and the 16th birthday on 6/12/2010?

The system to obtain one of these Children's Oystercards is far too complicated for us to believe that TFL really want our children to travel easily at low cost on the trains at all.
  • loobyloo2loobyloo2 Forumite
    348 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Yes they can be a nightmare.
    My DD had her blazer stolen with her oystercard in the pocket, we cancelled the card, next day her card was 'found' at school, along with her blazer, rang them to let them know, still had to pay the £10 though for the replacement.
    Just phone them, you may need to get the school to sign it, so speed is of the essence.
    If you don't get anywhere with your first call, phone back and speak to someone else.
    My DD is around the same age and has to catch 2 buses to school, without one it will cost a fortune.
    good luck
  • peterbakerpeterbaker
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes, silly me, I was thinking all travel is free for London children on buses but I forgot that of course it is only free if they show one of these cards.

My own requirement was infrequent use on trains and tube ...
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support