SkyCard

Options
I applied online for a SkyCard a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

As SkyCard is operated by BarclayCard, are you more likely to get accepted if your a BarclayCard customer already?

Comments

• mrbigd
    mrbigd Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    I did, had £8K with Barclaycard and then got £7K with Sky Card.

But as with all these credit cards it depends on how they evaluate your credit worthyness.
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    Options
    mparter wrote:
    I applied online for a SkyCard a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

As SkyCard is operated by BarclayCard, are you more likely to get accepted if your a BarclayCard customer already?

Well they should certainly know all about you then...all will all depend on your credit history. 2 weeks is a long time not to hear from them - would suggest you give them a bell to see whats going on
  • JollyNolly
    Options
    I would have thought you'd be less likely to get a Skycard if you already have a Barclaycard, buy I could easily be wrong. I seem to remember when I applied earlier this year it took several weeks for the thing to materialise, so don't give up.
    £2 coin savers club: £1.49
    Official DFW Nerd Club: Member no. 047
  • mparter
    mparter Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It did say when applying that you were to allow up to 28 days for your application to be processed. Surely though, if you were getting refused the whole process would be a lot quicker?
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    Options
    JollyNolly wrote:
    I would have thought you'd be less likely to get a Skycard if you already have a Barclaycard, buy I could easily be wrong. I seem to remember when I applied earlier this year it took several weeks for the thing to materialise, so don't give up.

Yes maybe. Especially if you are trying to balance transfer something from one card to the other. They really do not like that at all
  • UK007BullDog
    Options
    We applied for a sky card. Well, hubby did and it took forever.

Due to my line of work I cannot afford to even have a late payment showing up on my credit file. So after we got the card, pin and some cheques we called to do the BT. After that we waited. At the same time I also did a BT to GE and hubby as well. GE gave us a higher BT than Sky did. GE was much faster and sent us a statement which we paid.

Started to worry about SKY because no statement, nothing. So asked hubby to call them and they said that they are way behind sending out statements. So what about the interest he asks, will we lose it because we have no way to pay? Why not send out a letter giving people details to pay them? Can he pay now over the phone his minimum payment. They said NO he cannot, does not need to worry and will get a statement soon to pay them.

This is just not good enough. Also if I had know that Sky is actually barclay card I would never let hubby do it. Aaarrrgggg....... So now we are waiting, and I am not happy at all! If hubby gets a mark on his credit file due to their slackness they will feel the wrath and will write to the FSA FOS etc.
  • superpacman1972
    Options
    Started to worry about SKY because no statement, nothing. So asked hubby to call them and they said that they are way behind sending out statements. So what about the interest he asks, will we lose it because we have no way to pay? Why not send out a letter giving people details to pay them? Can he pay now over the phone his minimum payment. They said NO he cannot, does not need to worry and will get a statement soon to pay them.

With Skycard you can pay the minimum amount online or over the phone through an automated process via a debit card.

Whoever told you different is talking blarney.
  • UK007BullDog
    Options
    They did not tell my OH about that option. They said because the BT happened at their processing cut off point we have to wait longer. The guy on the phone said to pay the bill the minute we get it. OH said the guy was also quite rude and pig headed, with my OH digging in his heels just because he did not have the card on him when he called the helpline.

Is it possible to see the statement via Sky TV? Does that cost money or is it free?
  • JasonW_2
    JasonW_2 Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    I applied at the start of the month and they said you'll hear within 7 days. Called last night and NO record of application, you'll need to apply again. If it wasn't for the 0% I'd have told them to stick it, but applied again last night so if this goes wrong, they'll get a mouthful! They don't seem very professional at all, they asked me for my date of birth and she said she couldn't find me, and asked it's not random date\random month\random year is it? Erm no I'm pretty sure I know when I was born thanks!!
  • mparter
    mparter Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JasonW wrote:
    I applied at the start of the month and they said you'll hear within 7 days. Called last night and NO record of application, you'll need to apply again. If it wasn't for the 0% I'd have told them to stick it, but applied again last night so if this goes wrong, they'll get a mouthful! They don't seem very professional at all, they asked me for my date of birth and she said she couldn't find me, and asked it's not random date\random month\random year is it? Erm no I'm pretty sure I know when I was born thanks!!

I phoned up to check my application and was asked to call back in a week as it was still being processed. On phoning back the following week, the guy couldn't find my details at first but did eventually find them so maybe they do/did have your application.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure