Citi Financial - Help/advice please!

Options
My boyfriend has a loan with Citi Financial, which he recently found out had PPI added to it even though he said he didnt want it at point of sale. We sent them the letter as per the template on this site, including the £1 postal order. We have now had this reply, which we don't really know what to do or go from here with....

Thank you for your recent payment received on the above acc number. As previously communicated to you, your account was transfered to Moneyway, a subsidiary of Secure Trust Bank PLC on 20th Aug 2009, and as a result we are unable to accpet this payment.

He had previously spoken to Moneyway - as was aware these were now taking the payments, who advised that they had no copies of agreements and these were only available from Citi Financial.

So, where to go from here? We have asked CF for the original loan agreement and they have not done so, but also claim that any communication goes through Moneyway.
The account is all in order, ie no missed or late payments. We just want to reclaim this miss-sold PPI, I really hope someone with more knowledge than us could offer some advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    ANewEra wrote: »
    My boyfriend has a loan with Citi Financial, which he recently found out had PPI added to it even though he said he didnt want it at point of sale. We sent them the letter as per the template on this site, including the £1 postal order. We have now had this reply, which we don't really know what to do or go from here with....

Thank you for your recent payment received on the above acc number. As previously communicated to you, your account was transfered to Moneyway, a subsidiary of Secure Trust Bank PLC on 20th Aug 2009, and as a result we are unable to accpet this payment.

He had previously spoken to Moneyway - as was aware these were now taking the payments, who advised that they had no copies of agreements and these were only available from Citi Financial.

So, where to go from here? We have asked CF for the original loan agreement and they have not done so, but also claim that any communication goes through Moneyway.
    The account is all in order, ie no missed or late payments. We just want to reclaim this miss-sold PPI, I really hope someone with more knowledge than us could offer some advice?

Thanks!

Hi there

Just so I have this right, you sent a reclaim letter and a £1 to request for a Credit agreement?

Was it a separate letter?
    They should supply the agreement by 12 days of request, you could though contact the Information Commissioners office (ICO) for advice on this matter here:
    https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

And in regards of the reclaiming complaint, I would personally contact the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) and ask if they would write on your behalf to them after explaining your situation to them, normally the ones responsible are the ones who set this up, despite if they moved your account on or not.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

I am aware that both above are not in office now until Monday (office hours) but both will or should be able to at least advise and help.

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • ANewEra
    ANewEra Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your quick reply!

We sent just one letter - with the £1 PO. The letter we had sent was:

I am writing to request a copy of my original loan agreement with CitiFinancial Europe PLC. If the original loan agreement does not include details of the insurance added to the account, such as the number and cost of any monthly payments or any lump sum fees and interest charges applicable to this fee, please attach or advice how I can get access to this information......

Was this the correct one to send?
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your quick reply!

We sent just one letter - with the £1 PO. The letter we had sent was:

I am writing to request a copy of my original loan agreement with CitiFinancial Europe PLC. If the original loan agreement does not include details of the insurance added to the account, such as the number and cost of any monthly payments or any lump sum fees and interest charges applicable to this fee, please attach or advice how I can get access to this information......

Was this the correct one to send?

Hi there, if you wanted a copy of your agreement you can write in anything you like really, there is a template letter on the site somewhere for this short request but many just write "please send me a copy of the Credit Agreement (and the account number if you have this), and I enclose £1 cheque/postal order payment, and expect to receive this by 12 days".

However, if you wanted further info, which would include statements, how the finance was set up, and so on, then this is called a Subject Access Request (SAR), where they have 40 calendar days to comply, and a payment of £10 cheque or postal order if to be enclosed.
    The SAR template for this here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

When it comes to reclaiming, I would use the Questionnaire, that was recently issued by the financial ombudsman service (FOS) to use instead of reclaiming letters, you complete and save a copy and send to whom was responsible for setting up the finance.
    You will find the FOS questionnaire on the link below - further down the page as stage one.
    They have 8 weeks in full to respond.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Hope this is helpful to you.;)
  • ANewEra
    ANewEra Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that, and yes, really helpful!

Going to print off and fill in the questionaire and send to CF as they are the original people. Fingers cross for a quick reply eh! :beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks for that, and yes, really helpful!

Going to print off and fill in the questionaire and send to CF as they are the original people. Fingers cross for a quick reply eh! :beer:

Your very welcome and here's for a good outcome soon, fingers crossed.:beer:;)
  • woodymeg
    woodymeg Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    I claimed 4 lots of ppi from citi in november 09, and to be honest they were one of the best and quickest company i have dealt with, no questions really was asked and it took in total about 4 weeks.
    So good luck in yours.
    I did have alll the orginal agreements tho ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure