Orange phone sales department lied to me

Options
Hi everyone,

When I signed up for orange broadband I was asked if i wanted to use orange phone line as well. I said there was no need because we dont even have a phone plugged in.

I was however told that Orange dont charge for services such as 1571 and ex-directory (which i have with BT on the off chance we start to use the phone, and BT charge for if you dont make 10 calls per month).

I explained that I was locked into an 18month contract with BT so wouldnt be able to do this.

The gentleman in Orange told me (and even corrected me when I said I found it hard to believe) that this wouldnt be a problem and if i want Orange will take over this service then they can, and I wouldnt have to worry about making the ten calls per month.

I have since been charged by BT for these services and when I called Orange to investigate, they told me that whilst they have my Broadband and Phone packages BT has my line rental, so BT still give me these services and for Orange to supply this I would have to cancel with BT (and pay the cancellation fee!).

The problem I have, is that I dont know who I spoke to at Orange or even when it was, so does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can do? Orange have just apologised that somebody lied to me and told me that there'snothing they can do.

Sorry for such a long story,

I hope somebody can help!!!

David.

Comments

• Judas
    Judas Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    How have you actually lost out?
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1571, 1471 and ex-directory are free no matter which company you get them from.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport