HBOS- Advice Please

Options
My husband wrote and applied for his PPI and late charges on his BOS Mastercard. He got in financial problems in 2003 and had a few late & default charges of £25 a time adding up to £500 + interest.
We have been advised they will pay back all PPI paid from 1997 to 2003 when this was cancelled but received a letter yesterday with list of charges stating that although they now charge £12 they will not be refunding as no charges have been applied in the last six years they are unable to offer refund.
Can you advise is that correct

Comments

• Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:28PM
    Options
    did the card get paid off in 2003
  • KIMY
    KIMY Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    No unfortunately it was handed to a debt agency of which we are still paying off balance.
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    im not sure if it is correct but you it may be worth while using the letter from this site awaiting a response and then escalating to the FOS if the response is not favourable. Im sure someone will be along shortly with more knowledge who can assist you. Good luck
  • KIMY
    KIMY Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks, hopefully someone will give me some advice
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi KIMY

That does not seem right, but correct me if I'm wrong are they saying that at first they would be paying out, then suddenly they are not?

Sorry if I have this wrong but surely that is not right if this is the case, but have you SAR'd for your information for this account?
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport