Blackhorse PPI on secured loan

Options
I applied for a loan of £500 in April 2005 online. Got a call out of the blue from the Blackhorse rep saying can do the £500 but what about a much bigger loan to clear all debt. Said house was up for sale not much point. told would improve chances of better mortgage as would appear debt free. Took out £25k loan secured over 5 years which went through in July 2005. didnt even realise had PPI until 2007 when first heard about this. Sold house and paid off loan in June 2006. Wouldnt have agreed to PPI if had been told at time as a) had no intention of having loan for 5 years see above b) My contract of employment covered me for 12 months sick pay c) my husband wouldnt have been eligilbe to claim etc. Wrote to them in Oct 2007 asking for a refund got the kiss off. Instructed a Solicitor in 2008 through a friend on a no win no fee. Told me 1 of the most clearcut cases of mis selling he has seen. Since then he has done absolutely nothing when I ring for updates tells me hes in the process of issuing proceedings. Im going to get the file back from him and try and run it myself. Can I report the matter to the FOS now for a ruling when I get the file back?

Comments

• Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:30PM
    Options
    yes you can however you may still get charged the agreed fee from the solicitor which is a bit of a joke. Do you know if blackhorse have sent a final response?
  • Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There was no fee agreed he took it on a no win no fee. I dont believe he has even written to Blackhorse yet alone got a response. It will be most interesting to read the file which he has had for 2 years and sent me 3 letters in that time
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Steve

I take it if your successful then a fee will be charged if you use that solicitor?

I agree to give it a go yourself with help from this site if required.

You can complete the FOS questionnaire as shown on link below further down the page as Stage one, this is instead of using template letters, keep a copy, and send to whom is responsible for selling you the product, they have as usual the 8 weeks in full to respond.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your continued help will have 2 pay if successful will post again when file received
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure