Just wondering...

Options
Hi,

I have my HSBC claim with the FOS now (received confirmation from them yesterday that they had received it but that it might take a while due to the high volume of complaints they're receiving at the moment). I was just wondering whether it was likely that HSBC would try to settle before the final FOS decision or whether that's likely to be the last I hear from them now?

Anyone experiences would be interestingly and greatfully received!

Thanks!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have my HSBC claim with the FOS now (received confirmation from them yesterday that they had received it but that it might take a while due to the high volume of complaints they're receiving at the moment). I was just wondering whether it was likely that HSBC would try to settle before the final FOS decision or whether that's likely to be the last I hear from them now?

Anyone experiences would be interestingly and greatfully received!

Thanks!

Hello there

And yes there is still a chance, sometimes even whilst its in with the FOS before your case is passed on to the adjudicator, a settlement offer can still come though.

Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • hungersalmon
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Di. Just wondered whether my optimism when checking the post each morning was founded on anything or whether I should just completely forget about it for now. It's nice to have hope though!
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:29PM
    Options
    i woud check each month and not expect anything, it could be a while i have heard even after the fos have made a decsion of people still waiting 6/8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure