Help Lost my Credit Card whilst abroad.

Options
Guy's

I am currently IN the US and I have lost my credit card. I have a vanquish credit card..will they send me a new card to me here in The states..and I also need my PIN reset...so I need a new pin number.

I called them today and they said the old card is stopped and I have to call back too see if they can send a new card to me here...plus a new pin number.

Any ideas..has anyone had this issue..how do they go about it...I will be in the states for another 2 months..

Comments

• Computer
    Computer Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    help anyone
  • Computer
    Computer Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I have a £2500 credit limit can I ask them to pay a certain amount into my bank account as I still have my bank card.

Do you think they can do this?..I know the interest will be high but I will pay it back once I am home.

I currently have no access to cash and I need money now to survive till pay day.
  • Fiddlestick
    Fiddlestick Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    Options
    Computer wrote: »
    I have a £2500 credit limit can I ask them to pay a certain amount into my bank account as I still have my bank card.

Do you think they can do this?..I know the interest will be high but I will pay it back once I am home.

I currently have no access to cash and I need money now to survive till pay day.

They will probably only send to your statement address.

If someone called my lender, cancelled my card and asked for a new one to be sent to a foreign country... I'd reckon that would look pretty suspect :)
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Completely agree with Fiddlestick. I doubt any bank would send you anything abroad, never mind credit card companies who have stricker rules imposed on them and battle fraud much more intensely.

Cash transfer on Vanquis? Not sure whether they even would do a BACS into your bank, but surely that is completely suicidal.

If on £2500 limit you get out £1000 you will be lucky. Most cards only allow something like 30% of limit for cash withdrawals. And you will pay probably near the £2000 by the time you get back to the UK!

How long is till pay day?
  • MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have any other cards/bank accounts which you could draw cash out of or request an extended overdraft to use until payday?

Does your travel insurance cover the loss of credit/debit cards?

As already said they're unlikely to forward your card to the US or advance you some cash and even if they did it'd cost you a small fortune.

If your travel insurance doesn't cover the loss, and you have no other cash, do you have any friends/relatives who'd be willing to transfer some money to you until you get home?

The british embassy can give you advice on how best to transfer money from the UK to where you are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure