Down sides of claiming back charges?

Options
I wonder if anyone has any feed back about making claims on banks or credit card companies and what the long term effect may be on your dealings with banks or credit card companies.

Do they put a mark against you, and will it effect your relationship with them in the future for example if you want to apply for credit or a mortgage.

And does it effect your credit rating.

I have been looking but can find no feed back on this.

Comments

• PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    they are not supposed to, however prove it and they dont have to lend.
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrishR wrote: »
    and will it effect your relationship with them in the future for example if you want to apply for credit or a mortgage.

Of course it will, the chances are you won't have a relationship with them as they will shut down any overdraft/credit facility you may have, request owed funds are repaid and close your accounts and you won't be invited back. They're fully at liberty to do that, but they can't put any adverse info on your credit file UNLESS you fail to repay the overdraft/credit which then is down to you and not them !
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't speak for any bank but if I had customers who I had dealt with for many years suddenly claiming wrongdoing I would not want your custom in future. Would you if you were in business?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure