E168 on my Baxi boiler

Options
msujb
msujb Posts: 3 Newbie
Someone help me out. My Baxi boiler was fitted 3 years ago and has just started displaying on E168 code about once a day at which point the gas does not ignite. I can reset the boiler and it goes off but i fear it is just the beginning of more expensive problems. I haven't serviced the boiler yet!!! Is it the PCB?? Can I fit it myself?? It tells me how to in the manual and would save pounds for an engineer!! Can I service my own boiler using the manual??
HELP!!!
:(

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you were competent you could do it yourself.

The fact you have needed to come here to ask, suggests you are not competent and should therefore leave it to a professional.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • msujb
    Options
    It looks fairly easy in the manual really. I've searched for what E168 actually relates to but I'm gettin conflicting ideas some say PCB, some say its summit else??? Its not mentioned in the manual!!
  • tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had the same error reading on my Baxi boiler last year. Fortunately for me it was still under guarantee and it was repaired by Baxi, the engineer replaced the PCB.

Hope this helps.
  • ziggyman99
    ziggyman99 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    E168 is an internal bus timeout. It is usually a PCB but could also be a gas valve, pump or the ignition. Unless you a competent person you should not work on a gas appliance
  • msujb
    Options
    It seems to be getting worse now but I've worked out that if I open the water pressure valve for a split second the gas kicks in!!! It doesn't sound like a PCB problem does it???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport