PPI Query

Options
Over the years i have had multiple CC. Most of which i have idea if i was paying PPI on. I have paid all of these off so no longer have details of the card numbers. Can i still claim?
looking at the info last night i got confused as to what my first my first stage is to try to claim these back
Could someone tell me in order what to do please.
Regards
Dan

Comments

• Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:32PM
    Options
    can you remember who they were with and when they were paid off?
  • gingermandan
    Options
    i remember who they were with. morgan stanley, barclaycard and halifax. will i just need my name and address at the time DOB etc. Also now wondering about a mortgage i had with northern rock. had the mortgage and also brought separate Life insurance could the mortgage have had ppi added?
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Options
    yes if you write a letter confirming the details you should be able to access the old accounts, on the mortgage northern rock are unlikley to have sold you the insurance was the mortgage arranged through a broker? if so you may have had ppi sold alongside it
  • gingermandan
    Options
    if it was a broker do i send it to him or NR
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Options
    if it was a broker you can call them up and ask to see the information it may have been a single premium MPPI policy, however this would show up on the kfi of the mortgage as added cost's do you have any of the orginal paper work?
  • gingermandan
    Options
    no paperwork at all. brought it with a partner at the time but sold up when we split up she has the paperwork. However no longer in touch with her. May give it a miss with regard to the mortgage then as the ex would be entitled to any refunds right?
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Options
    yea at least half of any refund
  • gingermandan
    Options
    So what is my first steps to reclaiming ppi is it a letter or the questionaire or SAR
    thanks in advance
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi and welcome

To make a reclaim on the ppi with your reasons, complete the FOS questionnaire as shown on link below further down the page as Stage one, keep a copy and send to whoever was responsible to setting up the policy.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

They have 8 weeks in full to respond.

A SAR is useful if you have no documentation at all, so this is of course up to you, for more on this - link here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

As you may be already aware, you enclose £10 cheque or postal order payment within the SAR, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Hope this helps.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family