BOS credit cards PPI

Options
hi

i recived a letter from BOS today to say that they were going to refund PPI on one of my cards, just wondering if anyone knows how to work out what iam owed?

thanks

Comments

• Rossy.
    Rossy. Posts: 2,484 Forumite
    Options
    They should pay you out what you have paid in plus 8% interest on top

I haven't claimed on CC PPI but when i claimed on my loan they sent me a breakdown of what they was paying me back so i could see for myself

I'm sure someone with more experience will post soon though
    If Adam and Eve were created first
    .Does that mean we are all inbred
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    hi

i recived a letter from BOS today to say that they were going to refund PPI on one of my cards, just wondering if anyone knows how to work out what iam owed?

thanks

Hi, well done to you.:beer:

As Rossy says, and also check on the link posted by Maxdp on how the FOS calculates, this should also be of some help to give you an idea.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1596473
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • julie0831
    julie0831 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    hi i sent letters to black horse last week and yesterday they sent me letters saying they are going to investigate my complaints does anyone know how long it takes them to look into complaints thanks julie
  • Rossy.
    Rossy. Posts: 2,484 Forumite
    Options
    julie0831 wrote: »
    hi i sent letters to black horse last week and yesterday they sent me letters saying they are going to investigate my complaints does anyone know how long it takes them to look into complaints thanks julie

they have 8 weeks to look into your complaint and give a resaonable response by either accepting they are liable and offer a refund or they will tell you they are not upholding your complaint

If after 8 weeks you have not had a satisfactory response you are entitled to take your complaint to the FOS

I hope that helps
    If Adam and Eve were created first
    .Does that mean we are all inbred
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:36PM
    Options
    you can check yourself but you will need to run through all of your old statements and use the interest calculator here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-charges the calculator is around 1/3 of the way down
  • PAUL67
    PAUL67 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    julie0831 wrote: »

Hi Julie,

I am currently dealing with Black Horse in regards to a PPI reclaim which i have just been informed was succesfull. I originally sent them a letter of complaint on the 24th April 2010 and after a week i received a letter back stating they would investigate. It then took them a further 10 weeks to send the final response which i received a couple of days ago. The letter they sent stated that they would pay me back all premiums paid plus 8% interest. The letter also stated that once they had received my signed acceptance back they would pay the money to me within a maximum of 8 weeks.

So all in all if they dont pay me untill the 8 weeks are up then it will have taken a total of 18 weeks from initial letter to settlement.

I will update you once i receive the check from them which hopefully will be less than the 8 weeks specified.

Regards

Paul
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family