Options
http://www.ebico.co.uk/

anyone using them? what do you think?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    There are thousands of posts about Ebico. Ethical, non-profit making firm who use Southern Electricty for billing.

Not really competitive unless you are a very low user and/or have a pre-pay meter.

Their gas is not too bad in price, however they give no discounts for dual fuel or payment by Direct Debit so very few people will find them cheaper.
  • markharding557
    markharding557 Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Options
    They are more expensive than many for electricity
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Simple billing, Money, a Christian organisation also a bit like the Co-op.
    I leave them every year for cashback then go back in the winter. Keeps them in business and the cost down.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,393 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I use them, but am low user. I like the simple bills and general ethos of them

In my case I could perhasp save a tenner a year by moving to another supplier, but for that amount I'd ratehr not suffer the tariff structures and mystical bills

They also give option of paying, by any means you like, when bill is due.

As others said, no discounts, but no extra charges either
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • undaunted
    undaunted Posts: 1,870 Forumite
    Options
    Not quite the cheapest company in this area when I last looked IF you wish to pay by direct debit etc, they were however still competitive & cheaper than many. Particularly good if you wished to pay by cash / cheque each quarter, didn't have dual fuels to take a deal on, before other companies were forced to cut pre payment meter charges etc.

I like their ethos - not for profit rather than the out & out greed of some companies too so they may be worth having a chat to if you are looking to switch.
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.ebico.co.uk/

anyone using them? what do you think?

Not sure about the rest of the country but certainly in London they're very expensive.

Personally i'd have thought distribution to large cities would be the lower end of the cost scale due to the high density of users in a smaller area but....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport